What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

ihatemybike

Explorer
This past Sunday, finish re-assembling the engine for the dropped valve seat repair. I had rotated the engine over many times by hand, but was still nervous when I hit the starter. Fired right up, but a little rough and set a code. Turned out that I didn't get one of the coils plugged in all the way. Fired up a second time and all seemed good. Let the Jeep idle up to temp as I checked and rechecked various things. Happy with how it was running I informed my wife that it was time for her to test drive her Jeep. Started cautious, by sticking to our neighborhood, then branched out as our confidence increased. By early afternoon she was running errands with it, filling the tank, adjusting tire pressure and giving it a good cleaning.

Aside from rebuilding the heads, I did all the work on the repair. I haven't added everything up yet, but it appears to be completed for less than a grand. I was a bit of a pain, but so far I'm glad we repaired her Eugene instead of sending it on it's way and taking on car payments.

Oman4x4

Laurie Bridger
Rolled the Frame out of the shop for some pics as the sun went down, and then back in the shop to start putting the body on it :)

10547997_10152426863562647_4789571752214749514_o.jpg

10604436_10152426869472647_8166242976161091329_o.jpg

10321087_10152427101612647_2573559485827379626_o.jpg

siebermd

Adventurer
Garvin Wilderness Expedition Rack installed/customized

I installed my Garvin rack with a little bit of customization. I used a fiberglass decking material for the flooring. Its full coverage and light weight. I made a wind deflector for it also. You dont necessarily need an angled wind "deflector". You just need a device to create a high pressure area to keep the wind out of the rack leading edge, which causes the noise. Aerodynamics on this vehicle and gear is all for not.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

theksmith

Explorer
Sweet DUB! What axles you running?

thanks, 07 JK Rubicon axles with 5.13's, RCV front and Superior rear shafts. the front somehow managed to crack the long side tube, even with it being sleeved. had to have it retubed - trussed it this time and used a thicker tube instead of sleeving it.

Hi

Just ordered a mesh for my JK windows to keep the bugs out and give me airflow when Iam sleeping in the JK unlimited.

I ordered the Medium size and I hope it will fit. I know there are exakt taylorfit ones for JK but this was so cheap.

Nice... I cut to fit (roughly) a regular window screen and applied strip magnets - unfortunately it started to fall apart after a few uses, so I've been contemplating other ideas - most recent of which is just use a no-see-um mosquito jacket to do exactly what above is doing... it's higher priced though so this might be a better setup. Keep us posted how well it fits!

Removed my dual BDS steering stabilizer and added a single Old Man Emu Steering Stabiliser and Synergy Mfg tie rod clamp.
Big difference in quality of steering control now!

Steering wheel ended up off center and it triggered the anti-skid controller, so I had to bring steering wheel back to center and clear the code.
I found a handy youtube video and made more of a write up on my blog here.

Bob Freda

Adventurer
I got my Knuklebone tire carrier mounted the other day but needed to modify the angle that it drops for more clearance .

image.jpg

About 5 minutes with a grinder got it down where I needed it.

image.jpg

Now I get the full extention of my drawer and cooking shelf.

image.jpg
image.jpg

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
Today I installed the Teraflex JK Big Rotor brake kit (reuses the OEM calipers on a much larger rotor) and got the brakes bedded-in. Once they're fully broken in I'll be able to report back on how they compare to the stock brakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle