What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

HAFICON

Adventurer
Got a small start on a custom wiring project, the fuse tap is a great NO-CUT add a circuit it plugs in just like a normal fuse but gives you access to a wire. It will plug into M15 port on my 2012 JK fuse box that is an ignition hot, the multi port block will be mounted behind the glove box and will give me 8 ignition hot ports to tie into for switches or what ever I need low amp power for. Pretty much only powering switches.

Block 1.jpg

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Found a hardtop after the original one I wanted was all scratched up. Didn't realize how much I missed the quiet of the HT and not having stuff blowing into my eyes all the time. The extra space and security is really nice also. I know everyone has a HT and its not really a big deal, but its in excellent condition and got it for $1050. Plus I have always hated the stock soft top look.

cbba2b06ce14c7fc3ea13670abf85342.jpg

gekicker08

I didn't do this in one day, but the last three weeks have been very lucrative in regards to modifying "Penelope"

-OME heavy rating 2" lift springs (actually netted closer to 3 even with the bumper and winch on board)
-Bilstein 5100's all the way around
-AEV steering geometry correction bracket
-Clutch master cylinder replacement (my knuckles suffered severely from that one)

Ordering this week:
-Heavy duty rear tire carrier with Hi-lift mount... and a hi-lift
-full sized spare with spacer
-high steer kit from AEV
-ARB/AEV rear bumper, haven't decided yet.

:Wow1: :Wow1: :Wow1:

Watched a video from Overland Expo West web site just the other day - there was an interview of a couple travelling the world overland - and their best piece of kit was a rubber snake:
- put it on the roof in 'monkey' territory to keep them from jumping down and pulling things off
- keep it on the front seat as a break/theft in deterrent
- keep it otherwise visible to deter customs/border crossing searches

lysol

Explorer
Got a small start on a custom wiring project, the fuse tap is a great NO-CUT add a circuit it plugs in just like a normal fuse but gives you access to a wire. It will plug into M15 port on my 2012 JK fuse box that is an ignition hot, the multi port block will be mounted behind the glove box and will give me 8 ignition hot ports to tie into for switches or what ever I need low amp power for. Pretty much only powering switches.

View attachment 253445

That little blue one on the bottom right would cause my OCD some serious pain... hahaha. Looks good.

HAFICON

Adventurer
That little blue one on the bottom right would cause my OCD some serious pain... hahaha. Looks good.

Yea.. That is what a yellow paint pin is for The yellow eye connector will not hold the single wire very well. This will be mounted under the dash so I can deal with that little flaw.

Add a 'rear charging station' into the subwoofer box along with a switch for my tailgate table and cargo area overhead light.

I've documented a fair bit of the process (including dis assembly of the subwoofer box) with photos on my build thread (page 4) also has the links to the parts used.

Jakes01234

Explorer
I carpeted the hardtop in preparation for the cold weather and the hardtop sweat. Also painted the sides just because the white was starting to look fairly old. uploadfromtaptalk1414964880526.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1414964880526.jpguploadfromtaptalk1414964880526.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414964896994.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414964896994.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 29
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414964939158.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414964939158.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 30

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Nothing too special for me. Did a tire rotation and inspected the front end to see if I could figure out where my steering wheel shimmy was coming from. Thinking I threw a weight on one of the tires because it was gone after the rotation. Also but new sway bar links font and rear on my brother's TJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle