Who uses an Indel-B refrigerator?

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Martinjmpr, you bring up some really important points. I feel like the TB-41 might be the best choice. Usually when I go out, I try to minimize the amount of perishable items we need to bring anyway. Especially with the basket and divider, you could compartmentalize easily.

I like the idea of the TB41 being able to (likely) fit in the trunk of a car...we live pretty far from the warehouse stores like costco, so something that could keep food and perishables cold longer would be really clutch.

I'm definitely thinking the TB-41 is going to be the way to go. That TB-51 is pretty tall.

Going to agree with Martinjmpr

for what its worth, in the back of my Xterra, the lid just barely opens all the way with the 41 Model, It would be much better hinged on the long side

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Going to agree with Martinjmpr

for what its worth, in the back of my Xterra, the lid just barely opens all the way with the 41 Model, It would be much better hinged on the long side
I kind of curse the manufacturers every time we use it. When we are on long car trips pulling the teardrop the fridge sits behind the driver's seat with the hinge closest to the left side door - this way, my wife can reach into the fridge from the front passenger seat as we drive to get a drink or food.
But then when we stop to camp, I have to flip it 180 degrees and put the hinge towards the center of the truck so I can open it from the left side passenger door. When it's full it probably weighs close to 50lbs so that's not fun. And every time I think "why, why, why didn't they run the hinge along one of the long edges?" :rolleyes:

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I kind of curse the manufacturers every time we use it. When we are on long car trips pulling the teardrop the fridge sits behind the driver's seat with the hinge closest to the left side door - this way, my wife can reach into the fridge from the front passenger seat as we drive to get a drink or food.
But then when we stop to camp, I have to flip it 180 degrees and put the hinge towards the center of the truck so I can open it from the left side passenger door. When it's full it probably weighs close to 50lbs so that's not fun. And every time I think "why, why, why didn't they run the hinge along one of the long edges?" :rolleyes:

haha yeah...I usually remove the rear driver side seat, and place it so I can open it from the rear door, not perfect but works well and I don't have to flip it around

Bravo1782

Adventurer
Well I guess the obvious solution would be to get an Engel or National Luna fridge

OH WAIT, I forgot I don't have >$1000 for a 12V Fridge.

MY BAD :D

RangerXLT

Adventurer
When I first got my 41 I immediately thought I should have purchased the 51. After using it though I figured out the 41 had more than enough room for 2 ppl for about 5 days I'd say. I too would agree with the clearance issue. I prefer sliding the fridge to the tailgate when cooking for ease of access.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RangerXLT

Adventurer
I considered a slide but haven't figured out how to set it up so it can be removed when not needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

silkroad

guess the age of the thread is a good indicator of the experience people have with an equipment ... :)

Few questions for the IndelB owners.

Do your units get warm/hot around the vent's and the plug housing panel when working at full throttle? Does the ambient temperature prevent the Frig to go below a temp?

I'm testing a newly purchased unit(truckfridge TB31A); specially its freezer capabilities. Its running on AC, is well ventilated, set to max and to the lowest
setting possible; -8 F. I'm seeing that although the compressor is running all the time the temp doesn't go below 19. And this is after hours of operation. Ambient temp is 82F.

Is that expected?

I recently purchased a cover to protect the frig but unfortunately found that although its good at protecting the fridge from the ambient temperature, its also very good at capturing the warmth that sneak's into the siding from the vents and compound that heat. So for now I have removed it until I can figure out if this is how the frig operates or something not right with mine. Its a WAECO CF-35 cover which I believe is the same built as TB31A based on research, etc.

bat

Explorer
My Indel B 41 is having problems, the thermostat is not giving the correct temperature reading. I reached for my beverage of choice and it was frozen along with all the beverages of choice. The temp said 77 degrees but that can't be right so I tried to set it at 40 to see what happens it said 88. It does get cold but I do not know the temp setting or can I get a correct reading from the display. I emailed Indel B they asked for some info which I gave them and no reply yet anybody have this problem .

1Louder

Explorer
My Indel B 41 is having problems, the thermostat is not giving the correct temperature reading. I reached for my beverage of choice and it was frozen along with all the beverages of choice. The temp said 77 degrees but that can't be right so I tried to set it at 40 to see what happens it said 88. It does get cold but I do not know the temp setting or can I get a correct reading from the display. I emailed Indel B they asked for some info which I gave them and no reply yet anybody have this problem .

Your thermostat (not proper term) has gone bad. I have heard of this a variety of models. There should be a owner replaceable part they can send you. If you get no response from Indel you might check with the folks from TruckFridge.com (US distributor) to see if they sell the part.

bat

Explorer
If you get no response from Indel you might check with the folks from TruckFridge.com (US distributor) to see if they sell the part.

I received one response from Indel for information about fringe and that was it called Truckfringe had the new thermistor part in a week and all is good.

jerdog53

Explorer
Used mine for the first time this past week in Moab and it worked perfectly, the wife was sold on it to!!

silkroad

I was unlucky with IndelB. As mentioned above my new fridge wasn't cooling properly; once sent back to TruckFridge they determined it had some loose wiring. Second one I was sent must had a body impact as the top and bottom plastic parts didn't fit together properly and the edge of plastic was overlapping; the electrical panel/fuse holder was also a bit crooked. TruckFridge, to their credit, offered to take it back for full refund which they did. I layed off for a while but I liked the size and features so after some time I tried ordering another one through a different supplier based on general positive reviews the fridge is getting and hoping the bad joojoo has passed. But supplier said IndelB won't sell to me since they have already sent me 2! As I have nothing better to do to get faulty fridges and send them back and waste my summer months :) I could've ordered through a friend but took it as a sign from the fridge deities and went with a Dometic. Customer service; top marks for Truckfridge, Low for IndelB!

captwoody

Adventurer
I have had mine for over a year, in my diesel f250 works perfect only issue is one everybody already knows about, how door opens. But in my 2001 Chevy tracker on medium power setting kills battery after 10 hrs. in daylight 105 degree temp, but will last overnight if it was driven till dark. Tracker has dinky battery but its only one year old. so I will try low setting on battery switch and see if it lasts all day. may need to bring trailer 31 yellow top or 100 watt solar panel if I am bringing just the tracker without trailer. or put larger battery in tracker. Works great if driving around and exploring just can not sit for long periods with small batt. and I have to exit tracker go to passenger side to get stuff out. but if you have small six pack cooler you can put 4 16oz water bottles in the bottom set at 32 and in morning you have four ice packs if you are leaving fridge in camp on solar and battery. I hide fridge in my trailer and panel locked to trailer to deter theft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger