Who uses an Indel-B refrigerator?

Arclight

SAR guy
I bought the TF51 from Westyventures.com . I just took it on an 1,800mi trip, and it performed very well. No issues with the hardware, other than the inner basket being a bit of a tight fit. The size is nice for the jumpseat area in an extended cab pickup.

One note: All 3 of the sizes sold have the same footprint. They just substitute the part in the middle to make the unit taller or shorter. I recommend the 51 unless you are constrained on height. Oh, and lose the cigarette lighter plug and install a 15A Anderson Power Pole if you are going to run permanent power to this.

Arclight

ColoDisco

Explorer
My review of this is long overdue.

I bought the TB51 from equipt. I had some issues right out of the box, all having to do with build quality.
First, I know truck fridge is the distributor, but if they are going to sell through 3rd parties there should be 3rd party badges. That being said I knew I was spending more through Equipt but I wanted to support a expedition gear supplier. And Paul is a great guy.

Second, the way they are put together was a bit sketchy. The case is warped, the control panel is warped and the fuse panel was crooked.

abf0150471b110c3452eebae8cd46e8d.jpg

1543aec0c309cfaa67de3b19ac67df6d.jpg

aeec31b90114214c5501c38d0663b162.jpg

b90487eeb4d56431bffa7981c2d4242d.jpg

That all being said, I contacted Paul who forwarded my concerns to TF and they gave me some money back and sent me a new control panel sticker which will not fix it but I am happy nonetheless. They did offer to exchange it but I needed it for a trip to Moab and could not wait for a exchange.

Performance wise it is flawless. Worked perfectly the entire trip. The tembo tusk straps kept it secured even on the roughest obstacle.

bikemanx2

Observer
I just received my tf41 since the 51 is back ordered for a while. I can't wait to get out and use it, planning on this weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MTaco

Adventurer
I'm thinking about picking up the 40qt fridge from Equipt. Where did you guys find the transit bags? I didn't see them on Amazon.

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
So this is a bit of a odd question, perhaps, but does anyone know if these units are tall enough to hold standard-sized wine bottles in a standing position? If so, how many do you think you could fit inside one?

MTaco

Adventurer
I'm thinking about picking up the 40qt fridge from Equipt. Where did you guys find the transit bags? I didn't see them on Amazon.

Nevermind, I found it listed as 'Waeco Protective Cover' $61.99. Here is the link if anyone is interested. LINK

mortonm

Expedition Leader
So this is a bit of a odd question, perhaps, but does anyone know if these units are tall enough to hold standard-sized wine bottles in a standing position? If so, how many do you think you could fit inside one?

I don't think it would be an issue. I haven't put wine bottles in mine but I've used it to carry standard beer growlers (60 oz) without issue. I think wine bottles are only a little taller.

Out of town right now but I could check for you tomorrow.

fredgoodsell

Adventurer
$44
http://www.adventurerv.net/dometic-cool-freeze-protective-cover-for-cf40-p-28832.html

I measured the interior dimensions of my 41.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...nly-visible-in-checkout?p=1590253#post1590253

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Ok thats kind of what it looked like from the photo which is why I got to ask..

always better to ask and be sure

I have been using it alot lately, not so much for long distance off-road trips but for cottage trips and car camping around home, still love this thing

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I don't think it would be an issue. I haven't put wine bottles in mine but I've used it to carry standard beer growlers (60 oz) without issue. I think wine bottles are only a little taller.

Out of town right now but I could check for you tomorrow.

Forgot to answer this....but the tallest "standard" water bottle I had fit without issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman