OBS F250 slow adventure build

leojr

After painting them and mounting the tires I found out that they were actually 8x170 from the superduties. The good news is that the yard will take them back and reimburse me for the cost of mounting them.

I came across a set of 8x6.5" to 8x170mm adapters for cheap. I keep them in case I need to use a SD spare or temporarily use SD wheels. Just a thought.

amgvr4

Adventurer
I came across a set of 8x6.5" to 8x170mm adapters for cheap. I keep them in case I need to use a SD spare or temporarily use SD wheels. Just a thought.

I was seriously contemplating that, but the thinnest adapters I could find were 1.5" and with the wheels having more offset as well it would have been a ridiculous amount of tire outside the fenders. If I had a cnc mill I would have made some .5" adapters out of steel that would have been ok.

underdrive

jackwagon
I was seriously contemplating that, but the thinnest adapters I could find were 1.5" and with the wheels having more offset as well it would have been a ridiculous amount of tire outside the fenders. If I had a cnc mill I would have made some .5" adapters out of steel that would have been ok.
I don't think you'll be able to pull off the 1/2" thickness - remember adapters use two sets of studs, thus they must be thick enough to cover the depth of the lug nuts holding the adapter onto the factory studs. IIRC the shortest one can go for this reason is 1" and that's for cars, your truck will very likely need more adapter thickness. All this is unless you have recessed areas in the back of your Superduty wheels that part of the inner set of lugnuts could rest inside.

amgvr4

Adventurer
Usually factory wheels do not have the recesses between the lug holes, but the aftermarket 16.5 wheels I had did. You are 100% correct that .5" is too thin otherwise. As it is I took the 8x170 wheels back and got a refund. I will keep my eyes open fo another set in the correct patter so I can have two full sets. I would love to have a set of tires for the street and another set for wheeling. That way I always have a good chunk and cut free pair for normal use.

underdrive

jackwagon
Yes having two sets of wheels and tires is nice. However, switching between them does get annoying after a while, especially if you DD the truck during the week and then take it out in the wild every weekend...

ak_cowboy

Observer
Nice job on the projectors. Do you have any daytime pics of them on the truck? After doing mine, I'll never have a rig without them.

underdrive

jackwagon
Speaking of projectors, does anyone make them in standard 4"x6" housings? Or the 7" rounds? Got some aftermarket assemblies that take those sizes of lamps, wouldn't mind having proper projectors in them... LEDs are still a bit too much for our budget, LOL.

java

Expedition Leader
Followed the big red beast around on saturday. :D

23221075529_43b0ac3ea6_z.jpg

22960744394_b0c72afa4b_z.jpg

23562873236_92d53c2acf_z.jpg

MikeBoyle

Observer
Speaking of projectors, does anyone make them in standard 4"x6" housings? Or the 7" rounds? Got some aftermarket assemblies that take those sizes of lamps, wouldn't mind having proper projectors in them... LEDs are still a bit too much for our budget, LOL.

PM sent.

amgvr4

Adventurer
Thanks for the compliments guys. It was good to hang out and chat on Saturday Gabe! I don't have any good daytime pictures of the headlights yet. I keep forgetting and it gets dark so early around here now that I would pretty much have to take them on lunch or it is dark! Here are a few I snapped when airing up after the snow run last weekend.

I loaded the fam up for a trip to the Naches area to cut a Christmas tree this last weekend. We usually go to a u-cut lot near our house but since we wont be here for the 25th we decided to save some money and just get a $10 tag for a national forest tree. The last time my wife and I went this route we utterly failed so our expectations were pretty low to say the least. We were really surprised with what we found and it was right by the area everyone in the group parked for lunch so we didnt even have to look very hard.

The trip was awesome and the snow was great! There was about 6" of fresh and more falling on the way up the mountain

Up at the lunch spot we made a fire and cooked up some lunch

After a few hours the kids were cold and wet so we headed down a little early. On the way down I found some good fresh dead fall and cut it up to replenish the fire wood pile. There was a section of the forest that had so much wind damage it was crazy, if it wasn't so far away I would go back and cut some more up for sure. At the bottom we aired up and then headed home, it was a long day but a good one!

stersam

Where did you go to get your tree? My uncle went out to Mt Hood a couple years back and brought back two 10-16 foot trees. They needed trimming to say the least. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater