Coffee Makers?

M35A2

Tinkerer
Everybody's post has a description or picture of their coffee maker, the one that makes the 'best' coffee.

Here's mine:

Coffee Pot.jpg

It is scratched, dented, used and abused. It is old enough to have had hundreds of pounds of coffee brewed in it. It also makes the best coffee.

:)

verdesardog

Explorer
did someone say espresso? Even froths milk! I use it with a propane single burner stove. Just have to watch it closely, it will over pressure and release steam if not watching close enough:

1279.jpg

BillTex

Adventurer
While a french press is nice/ok, you have to jump through hoops to actually keep it hot until it's ready to drink.
We have 2 SS Double wall French press (s) a Bodum and a GSI. They are both 8 cup and both keep coffee quite hot for at least an hour (although it won't last that long with me around...;))

Honu

lost on the mainland
not sure but I would say most likely for ever :) unless you bent it really bad or something strange but I just kept mine in the press all the time
so have not heard of them wearing out
best thing was the flavor was better than the papers :)

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Do you know how long they will last?

texascrane

Adventurer
Camp coffee certainly benefits from the ambiance, but you need a good brew too.

sHHuQnlUIRMTOa6XeK95mb_8RBli-MvcxYz7FSCXyrXi=w916-h687-no

Nice view for coffee prep, (with aeropress and grinder and whole beans from Village Roastery). My son uses the upside-down method for the aeropress.

30EfDrckGV7kENFM4vfJm2-Gy-fJWiLmWu7Oqzdwv0rU=w916-h687-no

Nice view for coffee drinking

My brother and I camped at that site back in May. We had coffee at the Coffee Pot instead of the campsite though.

verdesardog

Explorer

Ozymandias

Observer
What is wasted. Cardboard goes into recycle. Pods go to Nespresso for recycle.

This is my travel kit. I even take this on my carry on luggage (never check luggage on domestic flights). I can carry 50 shots, 2 cups, rock sugar and the machine and still fit in a weeks or 2 of clothing into a small carry on roller bag. I can also easily fit it with all my gear for a couple of weeks work on my motorcycle.

In the rig I run it off a 1500 watt inverter or the generator. Being a Freightliner I can easily carry months worth of pods.

View attachment 297177

View attachment 297178

I went through all of it and ended also with a Nespresso Pixie Machine, small, good coffee, i don't care about this little waste as long as driving a fossil fueled vehicle. I think those capsules make only 0.000000000015% of my overall polution.
And in the morning I'm absolutely not nice before the first coffee, so wife insisted on the Pixie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179