P1070046_zpsn25n7z5m.jpg

P1070088_zpsbuoz7jmx.jpg

P1070187_zpshlfqa4li.jpg

P1070203_zpse25cdq5c.jpg

Fugly

Adventurer
westyss

Awesome pic's thanks for sharing ......
I like the little inflatable some more info ....
Would be good ......

Cheers Fugly

Healeyjet

Explorer
Westyss, great pics!!

What are you using for a bike rack and yes more info on that inflatable would be great.
Ward

biggoolies

Adventurer
Boat

That is a Sea Eagle Paddleski 435ps! After seeing westyss Yves had one, I looked into getting one. It is on my wish list. They look great.

Fugly

Adventurer
bigoolies

Thanks for the info on the paddle ski....
$2500 thereabouts delivered to Oz....
Might look into one .....

Cheers Fugly

westyss

Explorer
Fugly, Bigoolies is right, it is a Seaeagle, we took it to Mexico last year and I really like it, it paddles pretty good for what it is, tracks well and is extremely stable. If you get one I would advise that you get long paddles for it, the width and the height that you sit above water is much more than a regular yak so one needs longer paddles. I stuck a section in the middle of both mine and its much better than what it came with. We went with this one because it can accept a motor, fishing is what we like to do and often troll around and paddling was just to difficult while tending a rod, never could set the hook in time and we lose the fish..... takes about 15-20 minutes to inflate and set up and it is easy enough that we will set it up for even one day of use.

If any one needs further info let me know.

westyss

Explorer
That Chilcotin area looks spectacular Yves. I suppose I will put that as a must see trip next summer.
Darcy

Hey Darcy, yup that area is where you need to go, with a yak on your truck and that bike you will be set up perfectly! We'll tag along!

westyss

Explorer
Westyss, great pics!!

What are you using for a bike rack and yes more info on that inflatable would be great.
Ward

Healyjet, this is it, very simple, I bolted it onto the spare tire rack so that it is easy to remove. Feels solid with no sway.
t440_353f0203238236fccc5abe2da4a5453a.jpg

econoPSD

Very nice truck! Inspired by the fact that you are taking your time to complete it while getting out in the meantime. Curious about what looks like a water filtration system a few posts back. Is the pump located in the truck or near the filter?

westyss

Explorer
Very nice truck! Inspired by the fact that you are taking your time to complete it while getting out in the meantime. Curious about what looks like a water filtration system a few posts back. Is the pump located in the truck or near the filter?

Hi eco, thanks, and oddly enough I am still not finished the truck but might be soon, it has now been six years since built!

I do have a two stage filter system with a dedicated spigot for drinking water, all the other tap water is coarse filtered. The pump is located close to the water tank so acts similar to a household water system pressurizing water through a small pressure tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears