Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Accrete

Explorer
Looking good! I like the idea of teh additional storage on the rear...
THX 4Fox. One of the reasons we went this way is that my wife will get home from work on our "Friday" and drag me off my butt (I spend waaaaay to much time on the forums researching or blogging) and we are out and heading up some trail. All we need is always with us ~2 weeks of clothes, food, and water~.
Spontaneity refined : )

Thom

racrx7

2003 4x4 Chevy Astro

This is my first foray in building an overland vehicle. It started as an AWD Astro that I converted to a true selectable range 4x4, using a custom built NP236/246 transfer case. Van has a 4" lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks, riding on 255/70-16 BFG AT KO2's mounted on Fuel Revolver wheels. It's a start, but more to do including front and rear custom bumpers, a re gear of axles, interior redo and, hopefully, a pop top. And maybe an L33 5.3 V8.

5FD45F2A-24DF-4A62-8191-0BC9F4FBC620.jpg

8CA94602-915B-4D2C-B1F1-1477B2BB1FB1.jpg

Last edited:

4Fox

Observer
I was quoted $950 here for Rhino lining!! I need to shop a few other places.

Adding the bedliner to those areas will sure increase the longevity of the rig. We did ours w/Rhino Liner and would do it again, right off the showroom if possible.

: ) Thom

Accrete

Explorer
I was quoted $950 here for Rhino lining!!...
It's not cheap. We had the wheel well trim, rockers, and all metal on front/rear bumpers done at Rhino Liner of Vancouver WA. At the time of the job it was $700. Since we full time in an RV and I don't have access to a shop/yard/garage or even tools!..we have to have others do most of the work for us. We don't mind putting food in the tummies of the family members of those who have helped us with the van : )

Thom

PS next day... here is a set of pix I shot today (3/27) between rain drops:
accreteAWDcurrent.jpg

Last edited:

Petrolburner

Explorer
Does it have enough umph to pull your van out?
I already have the front reciver... been thinking about a winch.

I've only had the opportunity to use it once. Even then I actually had to get off the trail and run around in a foot of untrampled snow to get it stuck. In all the miles of remote areas in Oregon and Baja, I just don't get stuck. If I were, it would probably be just lightly stuck, wouldn't take much power. If I buried it to the doors in thick mud, the winch would have to get a workout. However, I'd see that mud prior to entering and I wouldn't subject the undercarriage to all the mud and wear unless I really, really had to. If a straight line pull wasn't enough power, I do carry a snatch block so I can double it up. Most places in the desert there's nothing to connect to and I don't carry an anchor. I could dig a giant hole and bury the spare tire if it makes the difference between walking home or not. If I'm traveling with another vehicle, it's usually faster, easier and safer just to use a snatch strap.

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Clean sheet to work off of. This will be a purely pavement pounding MTB bike/Dual Sport bike/Adventure bike/RV hauler when I'm done. So far it's performed awesomely for 2 MTB rides. No more bike racks, roof racks or trailers! It may even tow the Jeep someday.

00g0g_7FNJJK8thDA_600x450[1].jpg

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Clean sheet to work off of. This will be a purely pavement pounding MTB bike/Dual Sport bike/Adventure bike/RV hauler when I'm done. So far it's performed awesomely for 2 MTB rides. No more bike racks, roof racks or trailers! It may even tow the Jeep someday.

View attachment 337195

Nice, what year?

Starting with an empty cargo van is both liberating, and strangely difficult. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle