Pics of your VAN! Post up!

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
It is 8' x 8' with the same size room that attaches to it. I bought it because my buddy has one on his Westy, bang for the buck it is def the way to go. I can deploy it by myself in about 2 min and another 3 or 4 minutes to add the room.
What size is that awning? Looks great.
[/QUOTE]

I was hoping someone would buy that van so I could stop contemplating how I could buy it. Good for you! Did you sell your other one? Saw the new one parked in Miller ranch the other day I think.

luke-o

1985 ford e150 trail wagon 4x4

Just picked up a 1985 ford e150 trail wagon 4x4. Time to start building the interior

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    544.9 KB · Views: 52

Raul

Adventurer
More awning pictures. At Horse Shoe Bend in UT

IMG_7732.jpg

Carpinteria, CA

IMG_8003rs.jpg

Death Valley
IMG_7840rs.jpg

"Action" shot Heading to Dixie National Forest
IMG_7797rs.jpg

Raul

Adventurer
That is my mosquito closure. I wanted to put a mosquito net with a zipper. By the time I priced a zipper on that size, it was cheaper to get a cheap dome tend and cut the door the size needed. It holds in place with snaps and velcro. I have some nets fro the front windows. This is the only way to sleep in Texas (fall and spring).

tgreening

Expedition Leader
That is my mosquito closure. I wanted to put a mosquito net with a zipper. By the time I priced a zipper on that size, it was cheaper to get a cheap dome tend and cut the door the size needed. It holds in place with snaps and velcro. I have some nets fro the front windows. This is the only way to sleep in Texas (fall and spring).

So you cut up a cheapie tent for its screen windows? Dude, that's redneck brilliant! Totally stealing that idea for the back of my Ambo.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
So you cut up a cheapie tent for its screen windows? Dude, that's redneck brilliant! Totally stealing that idea for the back of my Ambo.

I'd check out some of the picnic tents to keep the bugs away... less to cut away.

I'll have to file the idea away for a hot summer day... although I might modify it a bit to create a bit more space by having it hang off the doors when they are perpendicular to the box (rig).

Jb1rd

Explorer
Hey Chili, we still have not met in person, ******? Yes to both, I live in Miller Ranch and I sold the AS in late winter and I'll be damned if the #Vanlife bug did not come back strong as ever:sombrero: AJ the PO had a good start and heart I might add (he also threw in a Paragliding lesson with my purchase price :) now my biggest dilemma is which roof to put on, I am still leaning towards the SM electric assist but after having the AS and full standing room full time the 30" Fibirine Adventure Top is also very appealing. We are taking it on it's first shake down trip Friday and this time the wifey will have a lot of input and you know what they say for us married folk, "happy wife, happy life". Anywho, there are a 3 of us on the same block with vans in adventure mode and all of the other neighbors think us to be crazy, you should come join us some time!! I'll be down Eagle with the van so Jungle can get it in the shop space he rents when it's to hot or cold to do house calls, need to track down an electrical gremlin:(:(

I was hoping someone would buy that van so I could stop contemplating how I could buy it. Good for you! Did you sell your other one? Saw the new one parked in Miller ranch the other day I think.[/QUOTE]

Accrete

Explorer
That is my mosquito closure...it was cheaper to get a cheap dome tend and cut the door the size needed...
As others have noted, way cool mod!

...and you know what they say for us married folk, "happy wife, happy life...
100% True for me and my beloved. I learned early on to always let her have the _cool rig_ for her daily driver. She never has issue over modding.

: ) Thom

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Accrete

Explorer
Really nice job on the rear-access cabinetry.
I was also curious as to what was in the black "Tenkara USA" rod/tube...i'm not a fisherman but if I was I think one of their fly fishing setups would fit with my inner-Zen-ness way of looking at life and solutions (the basic philosophy on our van build). I enjoyed watching a few of the how-to videos, looks enjoyable.

Really nice job on the rear-access cabinetry.
I was also curious as to what was in the black "Tenkara USA" rod/tube...i'm not a fisherman but if I was I think one of their fly fishing setups would fit with my inner-Zen-ness way of looking at life and solutions (the basic philosophy on our van build). I enjoyed watching a few of the how-to videos, looks enjoyable.

Thank you. I did all Baltic Birch. Did lock-joints on the corners and blind dovetails on the drawers. 80/20 Aluminum (machined/tapped) inside, slatted bed for the misses, hammock for me.

The Tenkara USA Rod Tubes (best carry tube I've found) hold a Tenkara USA Iwana 12' and a Daiwa Kiyose 43M, both in soft "socks." I was a traditional western fly fisher, and found Tenkara (before its popularity rose in the past four years) as a means to lighten my base backpack weight for backpacking. I fell in love with the simplicity of both the actual rod and line and even gear. Helped me focus more on my form, presentation, and stealthiness rather than having 66161 flies and all the do-dads. It's perfect for Mountain and small streams which I frequent both hiking and just driving to. Definately a Zen quality and mindset. The one interest I have where my mind is blank (usually is constantly running) in the most beautiful settings (streams) and almost like meditation if that makes sense.

I will be doing a build thread in the coming months to give back to the community who inspired and guided me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger