Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

Bub1

Guys, i have a 2016 4 door witth a J30, smittybuilt front bumper. I would like to lift it but can go no higher than about 82 inchs at the highest point in the jeep.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a lift kit that they have used and would fit the bill?

Eagle05

Adventurer
Does anyone have a recommendation for a lift kit that they have used and would fit the bill?

The rear of my J30 sits right at 82" and I have the AEV 2.5" lift installed on my 2016 with the factory "AEV" bumpers (no winch), and stock 265/70R17 tires at about half tread remaining. My roof rails and solar panels are 1"-2" above that.

Bub1

Eagle, perfect! Thanks so much for the quick reply. Is that at the very rear? Do you have the "generation 2" top?

Eagle05

Adventurer
Eagle, perfect! Thanks so much for the quick reply. Is that at the very rear? Do you have the "generation 2" top?

Yes on both. The top was new in March, and I measured at the high point right at the rear before it tapers back down a bit.

Bub1

Eagle, Thank you so much, you just ended weeks of research. :)

BTW, have you posted pics? If so I'll search for them.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
I have an AEV 2 1/2" lift with BFGoodrich 34"x10.5"x17 KO2's. My Ursa Minor J30 is #204 and it just barely slides into an 82-83" garage. I have AEV bumpers front and rear, a Warn 9.5 winch and Goose Gear interior so that maybe sinking the lift by a little. I am located in San Diego and if you need, I can show you my setup if you are interested. Photographs in my signature. PM if you have questions.

Eagle05

Adventurer
Water Woes

For all of the J30 owners out there (not you lucky dry desert dwellers), any quick and non-permanent suggestions on stopping the flow of water off the roof and into the cab? The top is installed as far forward as I can get it and this leaves a track where all the rain pours off and into the Jeep every time I open the door. I'd like to divert it and prevent that if possible. Preferably without putting a bead of silicon or something that would be harder to remove should the top ever come off.

IMG_0166.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    517.1 KB · Views: 75

Eagle05

Adventurer
Where is the water appearing on the inside?

It doesn't leak when closed, but when I open the door it hits the side of the dash, the steering wheel, the door, and the main stream hits the door sill and goes everywhere. It's a waterfall I have to quickly climb through every time it's pouring. Which has been frequent lately.

Presto88

Adventurer
Eagle 05 - I had that same problem! I was quite disappointed, but kept telling myself "It's a Jeep". (I find that I use that line on myself a bit too much)

Anyway, one day I was driving along and my nephew (who was riding shotgun) noticed that the front bolt on his side (the one located just about the center line of the front doors and runs up through the roll bar and into the J30) was so loose that it was ready to fall completely out! Turns out, the one on the drivers side was just as bad. I went home and tightened them both up properly and the dripping is now just a small drizzle. Yes, if I open the door when it's raining (or at the car wash when the top still has water on it) there is a small stream that runs down and hits my door sill or maybe a little bit will get onto the floor, but it's NOTHING like before. What I've got going now is completely acceptable to me. I mean....It's a Jeep.

JDaPP

Adventurer
I had a similar problem with that bolt when I lived in Florida. I put some sealant/caulk on the bolt head and that ended it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12