Snow Peak Addiction

Chris Boyd

Explorer
I managed to cram a pretty nice IGT 3U kitchen and table into my Suzuki Samurai for VOR this weekend. Way overkill for my needs this weekend, but since we're basecamping for the weekend instead of point-to-point camping, why not? Actually, the whole kitchen assembly looks like a SP ad; I really gotta quit this crack...

I did the same with 2-2U IGT, a bamboo extension and Skottle insert. we rolled with SP fire pit and even did some sushi!

The #OAF roll.
1c32054307310a780bdc770d2fec5c8a.jpg

96e6721496030208acf117df8ac196ad.jpg

Sorry I missed you riptide. We were up on the hill behind the house.

Riptide

Explorer
Sorry I missed you riptide. We were up on the hill behind the house.

Yeah, we were over in the (not so) "quiet" pasture. My buddy brought his SP firepit, and I probably saw 8 or 9 others...

My VOR neighbors commented how civilized my camp looked, as it rained Sat morning. Yet there I was, sitting at my IGT table, sipping my coffee and eating my hot just-made breakfast, plotting a route, dry under my tarp. Civilized indeed.

Riptide

Explorer
Question for the Baja burner owners: Since the Baja is designed for liquid injection, has anyone run theirs on propane instead of isopro? If so, did you use a regulated adapter, like the Kovea? And did you use the propane tank upside down, like the isopro canister, or rightside up?

I've used mine once with a right-side up isopro canister, when all I had was the 110 gram size, which the Baja will not clamp on to (I just let it dangle). Seemed to run OK on gas instead of liquid. Then last weekend I burned thru a 250 gr can (clamped upside down), and didn't bring another, and I could have bummed dozens of Coleman 1 lb canisters...

Last edited:

THATSALEXUS?

Adventurer
IMG_0772.jpg
Question for the Baja burner owners: Since the Baja is designed for liquid injection, has anyone run theirs on propane instead of isopro? If so, did you use a regulated adapter, like the Kovea? And did you use the propane tank upside down, like the isopro canister, or rightside up?

I've used mine once with a right-side up isopro canister, when all I had was the 110 gram size, which the Baja will not clamp on to (I just let it dangle). Seemed to run OK on gas instead of liquid. Then last weekend I burned thru a 250 gr can (clamped upside down), and didn't bring another, and I could have bummed dozens of Coleman 1 lb canisters...

I had never done it, but I tested it out for you. Seems to work fine, but it isn't as smooth as with the isopro. Certainly seems like it would be fine in a pinch.

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Where did you order it from? I got mine a few years ago from Expedition Exchange.

(Apology for the upcoming rant)....

Sadly, I will NO longer spend another penny with them and I have given them PLENTY of business over the years as well as referrals. A read through this thread on their "forum" where the owner and his cronies spread hate and vitreal towards their own customers for using the very products they sell to them is disturbing, unprofessional and rude. I do give the guy credif for his lack of f@cks given, though...

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1110&page=501

jtosbo00

Observer
(Apology for the upcoming rant)....

Sadly, I will NO longer spend another penny with them and I have given them PLENTY of business over the years as well as referrals. A read through this thread on their "forum" where the owner and his cronies spread hate and vitreal towards their own customers for using the very products they sell to them is disturbing, unprofessional and rude. I do give the guy credif for his lack of f@cks given, though...

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1110&page=501

Wow. A lot of anger issues! I admit I sometimes do an eye roll when I see some things like a tent with an A/C but to go on a tirade.... too much negative energy to waste, plus it’s theirs. Just be content with what makes you happy or comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Chris Boyd

Explorer
yea, that's disappointing. I've bought a bunch of SP stuff from him in the past...

he'd be disappointed, I have propane on the back of my truck. and a skottle. and an IGT insert for said skottle.

Riptide

Explorer
Rat, thanks for the heads up. Yep, I've spent a few bucks at John Lee's place, but knowing how little he thinks of us, he can rant all he wants without any more of my dimes. Kinda funny about how little he thinks of Snow Peak users. Considering he seems to spend so much time behind a keyboard ranting, there can't be much time left for "overlanding"...

What a pompous ************...

Kinda reminds me of an article I saw years ago where the CEO of REI decided to conduct their annual meeting on some mountaintop, all the while showing disdain for the customer who wears their hiking boots mainly in the city.

I fired off a letter reminding him that for some of us, good outdoor gear was so expensive that many of us couldn't afford the luxury of outdoor boots and work boots, and that our gear had to serve multiple functions. And second, that while he was off conducting a board meeting in the fresh mountain air, that was only possible because most of us were busy selling gas, farming food, researching medicine, teaching kids, guarding the country, fighting fires, and doing all the other myriad of things that make modern life possible, and able to fly his stupid *** off to some remote wilderness on a whim.

Since then, I've really quit caring what someone else thinks. Although I would be lying if I said there would be no joy if someday I were fortunate enough to come across John Lee needing to be winched out, and, well, I'd really have to noodle on that...

Honu

lost on the mainland
yeah everyone should spread the word :) but hey what do you expect from a wannabe POS idiot

even has his own EE stickers hahahaahahahaha talk about wannabee

at least most of us are out enjoying places with our families and sometimes we camp at regular campgrounds for many reasons

this says about all we need to know about him
huge sticker FAKE and wannabee camel guy cause he is a poser himself in his discovery cause yeah that makes you a whatever he wants to be
kinda feel sorry for him what a pathetic life one must live to have to kick people down for what they do just to feel better about themselves?

5_13_06.jpg

DSC06819.jpg

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
yea, that's disappointing. I've bought a bunch of SP stuff from him in the past...

he'd be disappointed, I have propane on the back of my truck. and a skottle. and an IGT insert for said skottle.

I have 2 propane tanks and an insane amount of Snow Peak gear... his head would probably implode!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Great responses from everyone. Its nice to know Im not the only one.... I have VERY thick skin but I have limits on the amount of BS that I am willing to endure...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears