2019 Tundra

austintaco

Explorer
Off topic, but it is strange but true that people tend to exaggerate their MPG, especially if its a vehicle that is supposed to get good gas mileage. It’s not just VW that’s telling falsehoods. LOL

nickw

Adventurer
Off topic, but it is strange but true that people tend to exaggerate their MPG, especially if its a vehicle that is supposed to get good gas mileage. It’s not just VW that’s telling falsehoods. LOL
Without question! You hear lots of stories about the 3/4 - 1 Ton diesels getting 22+ mpg.....

bkg

Explorer
Without question! You hear lots of stories about the 3/4 - 1 Ton diesels getting 22+ mpg.....

I legitimately got 21.3 with my F350 once... driving from Alabama back to Nashville.

Once.

Just that one time.

That was the only time.

average about 15.....

Clutch

<---Pass
average about 15.....

Pretty good for such a big truck.

Getting 16.5 right now, with winter studs and roughly 700 lbs of payload. Kinda crappy for how small the truck is.

Will fetch 18-19 when I toss back on the commuter treads, and yank out the sand bags.

Told someone that, and they said I should go buy a new truck that gets better mileage...and I said, do you know how much fuel $35'000 buys!? ;) :)

battleaxe

Captain Obvious
Well... All these items you have listed are available on the TLC 200, apart the leafs, which I agree may not be super important to update.
The 10 speed means better gearing and better gear ratios. The new RAM 2500 wagon has the grear boax replaced with the new 10 speed. As a result its crawl ratio drastically increased.
Primitive is not simplicity.
My wish is the tundra to be more closely related to the TLC 200 than to Amy Schumer of SUVs - The Sequoia

Fair enough. What's wrong with Amy Schumer? (aside from not being funny whatsoever)

You couldn't give me a RAM. In any trim.

bkg

Explorer
Pretty good for such a big truck.

Getting 16.5 right now, with winter studs and roughly 700 lbs of payload. Kinda crappy for how small the truck is.

Will fetch 18-19 when I toss back on the commuter treads, and yank out the sand bags.

Told someone that, and they said I should go buy a new truck that gets better mileage...and I said, do you know how much fuel $35'000 buys!? ;):)

everything I drive gets right around 15.... I think it's me...

Clutch

<---Pass
everything I drive gets right around 15.... I think it's me...

Ha ha

You couldn't give me a RAM. In any trim.
I'd happily take a megacab dually... in a heartbeat.

Dealer down the road from us, always has a few AEV's on the lot, catch myself driving by to have a look-see.

As much as I say giant cod piece grills are ridiculous, wouldn't mind a CC AEV in New Holland Blue...dunno, something so right about this truck.

28576303_1665259833541761_68912553564961_416c23484a2ddc18505a7bb742e11f6a82589cfa.jpg

battleaxe

Captain Obvious
To each their own. I've driven a handful and I've never been impressed. Must also be all the Dodge Douches will 22" Fuel wheels, low pro MT's, and Metal Mulisha stickers up here (like every third truck).

Build quality wise overall I think they're the worst of the bunch.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
To each their own. I've driven a handful and I've never been impressed. Must also be all the Dodge Douches will 22" Fuel wheels, low pro MT's, and Metal Mulisha stickers up here (like every third truck).
Here that isn't specific to just Ram's. That can go for any diesel 3/4 - 1 ton truck. Actually... half tons too..... You forgot to mention the nose high / bull dog stance. Oh and they all have their towing mirrors fully extended even though they aren't towing anything.....

Clutch

<---Pass

Build quality wise overall I think they're the worst of the bunch.

Good friend of mine in AZ is a Ram guy, he leaves them stock. Ride pretty nice to me....though he has been through 3 of them (and 1 Chevy, a Jeep XJ and a OBS F350) since I have known him over the last 10 years, and I am still driving the same Toyota. But, he is one of those guys that buys a new truck every time the wind changes... he was saying he has great luck with the Rams, and I said to him...you better well should since you only keep them for 2 years! had my Tacoma for 16.2 years now...

Oh yeah, almost forgot. He also augments the new trucks with a $1000 beater commuter car to keep the miles down on the trucks.

I don't get it, but whatever... :) Think he just likes spending money and tinkering with the beaters.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior