2nd Gen INFINITI QX56/QX80 Build

Ordell

Were you able to get the rear of your QX aligned properly after doing the Dobson rear coils?
I tried to install my Ironman 2" lift springs and they raised the back to high that I couldn't get the toe back in spec. I even bought new lower control arms for the springs thinking the bushing was bad and that was causing the alignment issues. I've taken it to 3 different places and they all say the same thing!
At this point I've taken those springs out at least 10 times swapping between the ironman and stock.

leeleatherwood

Were you able to get the rear of your QX aligned properly after doing the Dobson rear coils?
I tried to install my Ironman 2" lift springs and they raised the back to high that I couldn't get the toe back in spec. I even bought new lower control arms for the springs thinking the bushing was bad and that was causing the alignment issues. I've taken it to 3 different places and they all say the same thing!
At this point I've taken those springs out at least 10 times swapping between the ironman and stock.

Whats that part number of the rear springs you received from Ironman?

Ordell

I even called ironman to verify the spring length. They add about 5" of lift vs the moog 1.5". So PSA, Don't buy Ironman springs for the qx56 qx80. They have their lengths wrong and you will damage your LCA bushings trying to install them.

leeleatherwood

REAR COIL SPRINGS - PERFORMANCE LOAD (0-660LBS) SUITED FOR NISSAN ARMADA 2017+/PATROL Y62/INFINITI QX56/QX80
Ironman 4x4
PART NUMBER: NISS046B

There is a guy on facebook with the Ironman springs. He was able to get the toe in spec but not the Camber, it was slightly off (I think somewhere around 2 degrees). Ironman and Myself both recommended he drive the vehicle for a few thousand miles to let the springs settle and then the camber should be close to in spec. Camber isnt that important as long as its not hugely off anyways, so this is good idea.

The Ironman springs tend to lift way higher than advertised. I believe this is because their springs are made for a Patrol which is already 1"+ higher than Armada anyways. (so spring for 1.5" lift on Patrol would actually be 2.5" on Armada)

In your case, you can try adjusting your camber and get your toe in spec. I believe the camber adjuster also affects toe slightly, so you can see if you can get the toe in spec and then work on getting the camber as close to possible while still keeping toe.

Or, you could switch your springs for the Moog 81085's, which give about 1.5-2" lift on the Armada's.

Y62UpNorth

I don’t know about you guys but I’m running Moog 81085’s and all it did was solve my sag from my airbag delete but I never actually got any lift from it, as a matter of fact now that it’s settling my rear is sagging a bit again, not nearly as bad with the factory springs but enough where it’s slightly noticeable from a distance.

Y62UpNorth

Also since we’re talking suspension, I’m tryna dial mine in for perfect daily but also weekly off-road use so I want to know your opinions/input for my suspension upgrade plans...

For my front end I want to run either Dirt King or Total Chaos UCAs, I want to replace my LCAs with new Moog OEM ones, as for coil overs I’m thinking Icon 2.5 without the reservoir, and then just replace any fittings, bushings, links, etc. anything like that since I’ve put a lot of kilometres and abuse already on my 2018 Armada.

As for the rear I’m thinking of reinforcing the rear coil buckets just like LeeLeatherwood did, as for shocks Icon 2.5 with out the reservoir, and then to help resolve the minor sag I’ll try to get a hold of some spacers, although PRG doesn’t ship to Canada for some reason so I’ll have to see if there’s other brands that I can find, then as for the rest same thing as the front... fittings, bushings, links, etc.

I’m hoping that’ll be enough to really dial in the ride quality and allow me to run it hard without having to worry about my suspension giving out on me.

What are your guys’ thoughts? Any input would be helpful!

(PS I’m in Canada hence why I used kilometres lol)

leeleatherwood

Also since we’re talking suspension, I’m tryna dial mine in for perfect daily but also weekly off-road use so I want to know your opinions/input for my suspension upgrade plans...

For my front end I want to run either Dirt King or Total Chaos UCAs, I want to replace my LCAs with new Moog OEM ones, as for coil overs I’m thinking Icon 2.5 without the reservoir, and then just replace any fittings, bushings, links, etc. anything like that since I’ve put a lot of kilometres and abuse already on my 2018 Armada.

As for the rear I’m thinking of reinforcing the rear coil buckets just like LeeLeatherwood did, as for shocks Icon 2.5 with out the reservoir, and then to help resolve the minor sag I’ll try to get a hold of some spacers, although PRG doesn’t ship to Canada for some reason so I’ll have to see if there’s other brands that I can find, then as for the rest same thing as the front... fittings, bushings, links, etc.

I’m hoping that’ll be enough to really dial in the ride quality and allow me to run it hard without having to worry about my suspension giving out on me.

What are your guys’ thoughts? Any input would be helpful!

(PS I’m in Canada hence why I used kilometres lol)

Sounds like a good plan. I would go with the Dirt King UCA's since they use a sealed uniball design. The Moog LCA's are good choice, I had them on my Frontier, with that being said I kinda don't think you need to replace the LCA's unless you have a known issue already. They last a long time. On the other hand, they are pretty cheap so why not?

leeleatherwood

I am thinking about a coilover conversion for the rear. Replace the Coil Bucket LCA with a control arm which accepts a coilover and has adjustability for Toe. I would use a Ballistic joint instead of a heim. I believe the same coilover which works in the front could also be used in the rear, but spring rate will need to be lower for the rear.

PUrp8A3h.png

Y62UpNorth

Thanks for your input! And that conversion would be so sick! As for my issue with the Moog 81085’s do you have any know how as to why I don’t get any lift? It just levels out my rear and by the looks of it maybe like 0.25” of sag...

leeleatherwood

Thanks for your input! And that conversion would be so sick! As for my issue with the Moog 81085’s do you have any know how as to why I don’t get any lift? It just levels out my rear and by the looks of it maybe like 0.25” of sag...

Not sure on the moogs. A few people are running them and they agree with the 1.5"

You can add a spacer too, or a rear subframe drop even better. (improves control arm angles which will help keep your camber/toe in spec)

Ordell

My Moogs did the same thing. I ended up adding a spacer, I think they were 1" or 2". At this point for the rear I have replaced both lower control arms with OEM, installed Ironman Pro Foam shocks, Moog 81085s, 1"-2" spacer and my camber is +1.5.

I ordered some offset bushings for the LCA with the hopes that adding more toe adjustment will allow me to bring the camber back in spec while keeping the toe in spec. I spoke with Greg at PRG and he mentioned that some guys shave the adjustment slot on the subframe to pull the UCA inward resulting in the camber coming back to spec.

If my offset toe bushings don't work, I will try to shave the subframe slot. My ideal setup for the back is 2"-3" of lift without the alignment being off.
SUPER PRO Offset Rear Toe Control Arm Inner Bush suit Nissan Patrol Y62 SUPERPRO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12