Kimberley Kampers USA

FordGuy1

Adventurer
My guess is I am pulling around 5500. I would not pull anything heavier with a F-150. The problem is the truck is too light on the front end in certain off-road situations, the truck will slide the front tires in reverse and not turn.

Treefarmer1

My guess is I am pulling around 5500. I would not pull anything heavier with a F-150. The problem is the truck is too light on the front end in certain off-road situations, the truck will slide the front tires in reverse and not turn.
You're being smart with your F150. For some reason, people often like to push the F150 right up to and just over it's limits. You can get away with that for a while, but the odds will eventually catch up with you. We tow between 8,000 and 9,000 lbs. We kept the F350 we already had for the old 5th wheel, and we don't even know our new trailer is back there as we go down the road. An F250 Tremor would be a lot more fun though.🙂

FordGuy1

Adventurer
You're being smart with your F150. For some reason, people often like to push the F150 right up to and just over it's limits. You can get away with that for a while, but the odds will eventually catch up with you. We tow between 8,000 and 9,000 lbs. We kept the F350 we already had for the old 5th wheel, and we don't even know our new trailer is back there as we go down the road. An F250 Tremor would be a lot more fun though.🙂
That is a smart move. If I did not daily drive my truck, I would have bought a 250 Tremor. I was pulling my trailer up a pretty decent grade on a gravel road, went to back my trailer into a spot and I have the wheels cranked, in dragged the truck about 15 ft before it stopped. That opened my eyes to why you stick to the right truck. Its not a problem until its a "real" problem.

Last edited:

MARSSIVPilot

That is a smart move. If I did not daily drive my truck, I would have bought a 250 Tremor. I was pulling my trailer up a pretty decent grade on a gravel road, went to back my trailer into a spot and I have the wheels cranked, in dragged the truck about 15 ft before it stopped. That opened my eyes to why you stick to the right truck. Its not a problem until its a "real" problem.

Great discussion on real world use - Much appreciated! Seriously considering the Kruiser-T now since I intend to full time for a while... Not a big difference in weight, but with the added benefit of a little more space and a tandem axle. Based on the comments here and my own research believe the 250 Tremor is good fit. Thanks again gents!

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Great discussion on real world use - Much appreciated! Seriously considering the Kruiser-T now since I intend to full time for a while... Not a big difference in weight, but with the added benefit of a little more space and a tandem axle. Based on the comments here and my own research believe the 250 Tremor is good fit. Thanks again gents!
You will love the Kimberley. It is so nice to have a trailer where everything really works correctly. We just got back from 5 days, and camped in the forest with little solar. With the Fridge and separate freezer running, and leaving stuff on not being careful at all, battery power only dropped to 69%. After 5 hours of driving, right back to 100%. We showered every day, ran the hot water heater, warmed the trailer up in the AM, it used maybe 1/2 gal of Diesel fuel. Trailer is worth every penny.

Treefarmer1

Kimberely does really know what they're doing. We were really close to a T3 before getting the opportunity to spec out and build the first Kingdom Camping Caravan XL. If we're still spry enough 10 years from now, maybe we'll end up with a S series for our final RV'ing hurrah!🙂

Helllo! Not new here, but my first post. I've been interested in the Kimberley Campers for several years now (specifically the Kruiser S-Model) and come back to the Expedition Portal from time to time to read the threads on Kimberleys. Now that I'm closer to retirement and much closer to a decision point I was wondering for those with Kruiser models how has your experience been to date? Still happy with your purchase? Any quality issues/concerns, general performance, dealer support, etc...

I've also considered the Oliver Elite II, but would like to get off of the beaten path a little more than they're really designed for... Also, at 6'2 I don't think their twin bed configuration is going work well for me and the standard bed configuration is less than ideal I think. Great trailers otherwise.

Retired from the Army in 2007 and hope to retire for good VERY soon... Any thoughts/insights is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!
I owned an Oliver Elite II for 4 years and now own the first T3 that Kimberley sold to a U.S. customer. The quality of the two campers are similar and I have had excellent experiences with both in terms of support. You’ve identified one big issue with the Oliver—the bed options. I had the twin bed version that wouldn’t work for you and people who owned the king bed version never “unmade” their bed which made the living space very confining. Also, you can’t have a real mattress in that model. In my T3, I have the same Avocado mattress that I sleep on at home. The other issue is the off-road capabilities of the two. The Oliver is built for highway travel, but I was able to travel short distances on some pretty rugged roads at very, very low speeds. The Kimberley Kruisers are much happier on rugged roads, especially if you air down the tires in the Kruiser and tow vehicle. I carry a Power Tank that allows me to get back to highway pressure very quickly. The last factor is cost—the Oliver is much less expensive. Similar quality, but smaller and less capable than the Kimberley.

MARSSIVPilot

I owned an Oliver Elite II for 4 years and now own the first T3 that Kimberley sold to a U.S. customer. The quality of the two campers are similar and I have had excellent experiences with both in terms of support. You’ve identified one big issue with the Oliver—the bed options. I had the twin bed version that wouldn’t work for you and people who owned the king bed version never “unmade” their bed which made the living space very confining. Also, you can’t have a real mattress in that model. In my T3, I have the same Avocado mattress that I sleep on at home. The other issue is the off-road capabilities of the two. The Oliver is built for highway travel, but I was able to travel short distances on some pretty rugged roads at very, very low speeds. The Kimberley Kruisers are much happier on rugged roads, especially if you air down the tires in the Kruiser and tow vehicle. I carry a Power Tank that allows me to get back to highway pressure very quickly. The last factor is cost—the Oliver is much less expensive. Similar quality, but smaller and less capable than the Kimberley.
Don,
Thank you - Appreciate the reply and insights.

Romer

Adventurer
I am always reading about the new campers just to see what is out there as my daughter will soon be in the market. It surprises me that some are just a few inches too tall to fit in an 8ft garage. I think the Dweller is one even though the posted specs said it should fit. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Dweller, just fitting in a garage is a basic requirement as she wants to use my spare bay in my other garage; 20x24 w/8ft doors. The Kruisers will not fit in an 8 ft Garage door, but the Kamper (Owned previously) and the Karavan will. See how nicely it fits :)

Just thought it was worth mentioning
20230506_141058.jpg

charlieroc

What are some thoughts/experiences with the retractable island queen size bed in the Kruiser S-Class? In the N-S orientation of the bed, it blocks the entry door and part of the kitchen cabinet when extended.......when retracted, not so much. The external tunnel boot storage is also lost. The E-Class nose cone is also said to be necessary. At first thought, this seems a significant inconvenience, but I would like to hear from those of you with actual experience.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
What are some thoughts/experiences with the retractable island queen size bed in the Kruiser S-Class? In the N-S orientation of the bed, it blocks the entry door and part of the kitchen cabinet when extended.......when retracted, not so much. The external tunnel boot storage is also lost. The E-Class nose cone is also said to be necessary. At first thought, this seems a significant inconvenience, but I would like to hear from those of you with actual experience.
The S class bed does not move, nor does it block anything.

charlieroc

Perhaps the bed doesn't move; however in the N/S orientation, it does protrude into the doorway. Please observe the 'Sleeps 4' diagram below. I can see the E/W orientation (Sleeps 2 diagram) allows greater access to the doorway, but for personal/practical reasons, we would prefer the N/S bed orientation. Perhaps the diagram below (bottom of the inserted page) is of the E-Class and is misleading regarding the space of the longer S-Class. Hence, my question regarding owner experience.

1701084321497.png

Alloy

I am always reading about the new campers just to see what is out there as my daughter will soon be in the market. It surprises me that some are just a few inches too tall to fit in an 8ft garage. I think the Dweller is one even though the posted specs said it should fit. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Dweller, just fitting in a garage is a basic requirement as she wants to use my spare bay in my other garage; 20x24 w/8ft doors. The Kruisers will not fit in an 8 ft Garage door, but the Kamper (Owned previously) and the Karavan will. See how nicely it fits :)

Just thought it was worth mentioning
View attachment 804772
Propane tank inside?

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Perhaps the bed doesn't move; however in the N/S orientation, it does protrude into the doorway. Please observe the 'Sleeps 4' diagram below. I can see the E/W orientation (Sleeps 2 diagram) allows greater access to the doorway, but for personal/practical reasons, we would prefer the N/S bed orientation. Perhaps the diagram below (bottom of the inserted page) is of the E-Class and is misleading regarding the space of the longer S-Class. Hence, my question regarding owner experience.

View attachment 808000
I have a S class, and the way the bed is laid out, it does not impead the entrance at all. I did not realize you were taking about the upper bed being E/W. I would say the S class is perfect for two people, and would be tight other wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998