Kimberley Kampers USA

charlieroc

I have a S class, and the way the bed is laid out, it does not impead the entrance at all. I did not realize you were taking about the upper bed being E/W. I would say the S class is perfect for two people, and would be tight other wise.
Your bed is in the N/S orientation?

Willboy

This thread has been helpful to us as we decide which camper we’re going to buy. We have been talking to Dave, who has been very helpful. Honestly, the only reason we haven’t pulled the trigger is the price. We looked at the Imperial Xplore 145 as well. It is incredibly capable (solar, lithium capacity, suspension, cold weather capability, etc.), but the interior just doesn’t compare, IMHO. The Kimberley feels way larger inside but is actually smaller overall. We are leaning toward an E3 Kruiser because it’s small enough for us to get into the boondocking areas we like to camp. Has anyone else compared the Kimberly to the Xplore?

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

This thread has been helpful to us as we decide which camper we’re going to buy. We have been talking to Dave, who has been very helpful. Honestly, the only reason we haven’t pulled the trigger is the price. We looked at the Imperial Xplore 145 as well. It is incredibly capable (solar, lithium capacity, suspension, cold weather capability, etc.), but the interior just doesn’t compare, IMHO. The Kimberley feels way larger inside but is actually smaller overall. We are leaning toward an E3 Kruiser because it’s small enough for us to get into the boondocking areas we like to camp. Has anyone else compared the Kimberly to the Xplore?

Do you need the insulation the Xplore offers?

If not the Kimberly is a better option in my book.

MARSSIVPilot

Hey gents! Still trying to unload my house - I may have an offer coming in real soon. The Kimberley T3 is still on my short list, but I'm also considering the new Airstream Trade Wind. Toured one in person and must say the interior, layout, and optional rear hatch is very nice! They also have a twin bed option starting this month which really opens up the floor plan. Obviously, not as durable or off-road capable as the T3, but honestly I don't plan to be rock crawling with any trailer... Big difference in price between the two especially when you can likely negotiate 10-20% on the Airstream. I'd certainly appreciate any opinions, thoughts, and/or insights choosing between the two... Thanks! 🍻

Airstream Trade Wind

Last edited:

Hey gents! Still trying to unload my house - I may have an offer coming in real soon. The Kimberley T3 is still on my short list, but I'm also considering the new Airstream Trade Wind. Toured one in person and must say the interior, layout, and optional rear hatch is very nice! They also have a twin bed option starting this month which really opens up the floor plan. Obviously, not as durable or off-road capable as the T3, but honestly I don't plan to be rock crawling with any trailer... Big difference in price between the two especially when you can likely negotiate 10-20% on the Airstream. I'd certainly appreciate any opinions, thoughts, and/or insights choosing between the two... Thanks! 🍻

Airstream Trade Wind

Man those are two very different rigs. I do love the interior width the airstream offers. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the trail Wind over a foot wider then kimberly? You say you won't be rock crawling but will you be going up and down steep dirt roads in mountainous areas? If so man go with kimberly. Airstream are still made in Elkhart...just saying.

That said paying for us dealer mark up and shipping on kimberly is troublesome to me.

Soo if it were me I would go Kimberly. They are just so freaking much cooler

MARSSIVPilot

Man those are two very different rigs. I do love the interior width the airstream offers. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the trail Wind over a foot wider then kimberly? You say you won't be rock crawling but will you be going up and down steep dirt roads in mountainous areas? If so man go with kimberly. Airstream are still made in Elkhart...just saying.

That said paying for us dealer mark up and shipping on kimberly is troublesome to me.

Soo if it were me I would go Kimberly. They are just so freaking much cooler

Agree they both have their strength's and compromises... But the "dealer mark up and shipping on Kimberley" as you've stated, makes this far from a straight forward choice. It's easily 80K more for the Kimberly once you add options... The Kimberley is definitely "cooler." 80K cooler/more capable? Not so sure.... ;) Thanks for chiming in!

Trying to fantasize on what I would buy if I was in this price range. If Jamin at Kingdom Camping would work with you I bet you could spec a cool xl dual axel and maybe lighten it up for 110kish. Other then that Kimberley would likely be my choice. Tough decision

Treefarmer1

It really depends on how you intend to camp. Airstream would be fine if you'll be staying in campgrounds for the most part. You pay a premium for their brand, but they've never been known for superior performance when it comes to suspension, solar panel capability, electrical system (typically 30 amp not 50 amp service), cargo carrying capacity, cold/hot weather performance, plumbing robustness, etc. I helped a guy repair/replace his entire fresh water plumbing system in an Airstream once. It leaked like crazy. When you take them apart, it's amazing how inexpensively they build given their luxury reputation.

If you plan to primarily boondock and spend a lot of time off pavement getting to your campsite, an off road dual axle trailer will serve you better. If Kimberley is too expensive, take a look at the Kingdom XL and Xplore X195. You'll need an F250/2500 to tow them safely.

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
If you plan to primarily boondock and spend a lot of time off pavement getting to your campsite, an off road dual axle trailer will serve you better. If Kimberley is too expensive, take a look at the Kingdom XL and Xplore X195. You'll need an F250/2500 to tow them safely.
On that note... I've recently come across Outdoors RV trailers, and spent a few hours watching their factory tour videos on YouTube. Lots of great stuff in their designs, from custom frames that are built to the specific floor plan (vs. generic frames on virtually all other trailers), to their 80 gallon fresh water tanks, to decent suspension, to their wall manufacturing process, etc. They're a far cry from Kimberley, but then again, so is their price. They definitely seem to be made much better than the average travel trailer, and a good bang for the buck/value IMO. (I may, or may not be looking at one tomorrow. :unsure:) It seems they are quite liked by folks out in Alaska as the trailers are well insulated and hold up to rougher roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior