Post Pics of your Defender

Maryland 110

Adventurer
Here are a couple of pics of the '93 D110 i acquired in May of this year. No dirt pics on this computer.

It's not stock by any stretch. Was built up by Matt Browne and wheeled by Jesse Ware in a prior life. The 5" lift and SG 3-link were replaced by an OME set-up by the guy I bought it from. Now thinking of adding more lift back in.

Has a 4.6 with approx. 4800 miles mated to the LT77 and 94K on the chassis. Onboard air, lockers f/r, ARB fridge, dual battery setup, etc.

Glad to see Jesse's truck end up in someones hands that will use it.I used to drool on it when he would bring it to the MAR. Matt and Jesse were partners and had a company called BW Overland. Quite a transistion for that truck Maine to So Cal.

S

seoitc

India Vacation Here you go.

img_1609_std_std.jpg

Amazing but it looks expensive.

naughtyboy

this is my old girl.
shes battered and old just like me but keeps on going.
got a new chassiss waiting to go on her when i rebuild her as plan is for me and my two boys to overland to russia in a couple of years.

Attachments

• CNV00047.JPG
    CNV00047.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 362
  • CNV00074.JPG
    CNV00074.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 212

SCRover

Adventurer
Glad to see Jesse's truck end up in someones hands that will use it.I used to drool on it when he would bring it to the MAR. Matt and Jesse were partners and had a company called BW Overland. Quite a transistion for that truck Maine to So Cal.

rest assured, it is in good hands. i had all the history before i bought the truck and a friend of mine had seen it in action in its former glory. i knew of Jesse and Matt, too.

it's got its battle scars for sure, but it runs very well and i appreciate the care taken by Matt (and Jesse) when he/they outfitted the vehicle.

the truck spent a couple years in Denver before coming to me here in NorCal (not So Cal).

Maine 110

Here are a couple of pics of the '93 D110 i acquired in May of this year. No dirt pics on this computer.

It's not stock by any stretch. Was built up by Matt Browne and wheeled by Jesse Ware in a prior life. The 5" lift and SG 3-link were replaced by an OME set-up by the guy I bought it from. Now thinking of adding more lift back in.

Has a 4.6 with approx. 4800 miles mated to the LT77 and 94K on the chassis. Onboard air, lockers f/r, ARB fridge, dual battery setup, etc.

Correction I built it up myself, Matt helped with some things and did most of the motor swap. I am glad to see someone who will use it has it and will enjoy it. BTW unless your PO swapped a 4.6 in after he bought it, it has a 4.0 in it, which is what I sold it with and represented it as.

SCRover

Adventurer
Correction I built it up myself, Matt helped with some things and did most of the motor swap. I am glad to see someone who will use it has it and will enjoy it. BTW unless your PO swapped a 4.6 in after he bought it, it has a 4.0 in it, which is what I sold it with and represented it as.

Hey Jesse. Sorry for not giving proper credit. And the PO did have a 4.6 installed in '08.

Maine 110

Hey Jesse. Sorry for not giving proper credit. And the PO did have a 4.6 installed in '08.

no worries on the credit, just thought you might want to know. glad to hear you were not misled on the 4.6 that would be a huge bummer. Frankly it needed it. I wonder if they re-did the chip when they went to the 4.6. It had a custom mapped chip in it.

AmityFJ

Observer
Last weekend we took the D90 to Montauk Pt with my little girl. Made for a nice little photo op :)

Montaukd.jpg

marissad.jpg

Marissamontauk.jpg

photo-1.jpg

The stripers were running off of Montauk. Fisherman were out in force both on and offshore.
There must of been over 200 boats out there and many truck campers parked in the lot.
(I should of taking picts of the overlander fisher rigs for the forum but I had my hands full and a hungry little girl :()
Dphoto.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
AM I the only one who prefers the Series III front clip to the Defenders??? IF it's a 110 or 109 3dr (or KellyMo's 130 :drool: ) I like them, but the D90 is just so... wel... meh' IMO. I think the added length really makes them look less...I don't know I just p[refer the LWB variants so much. I really don't like the blodulous front ends of the Defenders. Like said I love the 110's, 109's and 130's so I consider the front-clips "cool by assosciation" hahahahaha ,but I really do prefer the Series front bits, wings bonnet etc. It's kind of like the old verusus the new 70 Series, they had to make adjustments to fit different motors underneath withouth having things stick through the bonnet. And that make's it kind of a catch 22, you either have the cool new motor or the old styling... But still, I prefer the old Series wings/bonnet, and I like my 70series Cruisers to have pointy angular front ends ;) .

Sorry if I offend anyone with a D90, it's nothing personal, it's just my asthetic opinion and I'm sure many others DO NOT share it.

I'm just glad to see Expo members here in the stats with D90's becasue it means that there are fewer of them owned by the typical owner I'm seeing alot of here in Portyland :vomit:

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12