ETAV8R's 09 Tacoma Build-The Gini

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
And put to use in Death Valley

IMG_7343.jpg

Not enough room for 3 in comfort so my daughter used a tent, it was far warmer in the tent too, froze out there later in the evening(not really but it was very cold)
20100407_9999_33.jpg

Last edited:

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Hope I come to my senses soon. I'm lusting after the FJ Cruiser lately. Put a maggiolina roof top tent up there and it seems a much better expo rig. ugh

freeze

Adventurer
What if you went with some canvas for the colder months. Pieces that have snaps around the edges that snap to your bed roof and to your bed sides.

Perhaps even some windows in the middle that have that fly netting on the inside of the window so you can see out. Then even sew on canvas overlap for the window incase you want to close if the rain is coming sideways. Sew at the top of the overlap then have a snap at the bottom to snap it shut and snaps at the top of the window to secure it open.

I don't know if you can find this, but if you had a scissor type of jack on both sides that could lift your roof up and provides fairly sturdy sides.

something like this but no this one.

scissor_jack.jpg

You're idea is close to a Maggiolina in concept. There's just some simple things you could do to get it close to one and it'll be larger inside for very little cost.

It could work with some modifications for colder seasons.

Or you could get a rack made and get a Maggiolina on the back of your bed.

Last edited:

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
So after being inspired initially by and Wasurf's builds with the rack and RTT he has now inspired me a second time with his new Flippac. I'm not a shell/cap person from past experience and the way it reduced my visibility, however, I feel that a Flippac is the right course of action for me. Benefits outway the costs. Hell for the past two months I had been considering an FJ Cruiser. If I win the lottery I'll snatch one of those up too. For my future goals of expo travel the Flippac is the best solution. I just have to find the funds or put it on the almighty plastic. Pics will come after. Check back later.
:smiley_drive::campfire:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Let me know if you want to drive over the hill and come see mine. I'll give you a demo of the ATFP that should help make up your mind ;)

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Here she is, The Gini (nickname of my mother), in a recent trip to the Inyos and back home nice and dirty...

IMG_8977.jpg

ETATacomaFlippac2.jpg

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Got some new pics from a trip to Death Valley on Halloween. I still need to get the truck photographed after washing it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior