trooper trail shots

SRN

Adventurer
1st post here. I was over here lurking and checking out trailer builds. I saw some friends here and decided to join. Looks like a great site. Here are a couple of mild shots of my "88 Trooper Red Beans from Hallowharrie 2010.

Hope to have some wheeling pics to post in a couple of weeks.

I like the fender flares. Where did those come from?

JohnLemieuxPhotos

Adventurer
3120114716_f04d8791a4_z.jpg

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
Hey John,

Just looked at your photos! Nice work! :Wow1: Love the Mono Lake Tufa shots. Are those manipulated in post or natural? They almost look like HDR shots. If you are ever up in Reno we should hook up. I'm an avid (albeit) amateur photographer myself and I'd love to see your Trooper!

01.jpg

Bart

JohnLemieuxPhotos

Adventurer
Hey John,

Just looked at your photos! Nice work! :Wow1: Love the Mono Lake Tufa shots. Are those manipulated in post or natural? They almost look like HDR shots. If you are ever up in Reno we should hook up. I'm an avid (albeit) amateur photographer myself and I'd love to see your Trooper!

01.jpg

Bart

They are manipulated but most are not multiple exposures (HDR). I used a Graduated Neutral Density Filter (GND) which is a piece of glass that is dark on the top and clear on the bottom so the sky is darkened.

My trooper is actually for sale now and I have a Tacoma :)

JohnLemieuxPhotos

Adventurer
They are Bushwackers. They've been out of production for many years. I was fortunate to find them locally from someone who was parting out a rust bucket Trooper.

Bart and VH thanks.

JLP nice pic. Is that your place? I live in a log home. Love seeing pics of them.

Oh I see what pic you meant. No that's not my house that's just a cabin in Big Bear I was doing donuts in front of in the snow. I live in Southern California but in 3 weeks I move to Mammoth Lakes where I'll be until April at least.

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
Mammoth is awesome. Been there a couple times. Great spot. If you like the outdoors you'll love it. There are some AWESOME trails right around there, like this one:

15.jpg

20.jpg

Bart

PS - Trooper > Tacoma :elkgrin:

SRN

Adventurer
Hey John,

01.jpg

Bart

That is a really nice looking Trooper! More info?

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
That is a really nice looking Trooper! More info?

Thanks! It's a 1991 with an 86 grill and head light setup. It also has a custom front bumper (WIP), ConFer roof rack with 5 Hella Ralleye 4000s. It was originally white, but I rattle-canned it with Krylon camo and Rustoleum Textured black. Last year I did the 3.4 V6 swap. It also has a Calmini lift, 33" ProComp Mud Terrains on ProComp Series 97 wheels, and the 2nd gen big brake upgrade. What else....recently I installed a CB and a gas can holder on the roof rack. That's all I can think of for now. Here's a before and after for you.

trooper1.jpg

14.jpg

Left to do is a ladder on the back and finish the front bumper. I've put some serious thought into how I want to modify it so it will accept a winch, and some other little tid bits. Hopefully with the next 6 months I will have it 'complete'.

:) Bart

Van_Homan

Adventurer
Hey John,

01.jpg

Bart

Wow, awsome Trooper pic

greg mgm

Explorer
Really like your Trooper!
Nice work.

Thanks! It's a 1991 with an 86 grill and head light setup. It also has a custom front bumper (WIP), ConFer roof rack with 5 Hella Ralleye 4000s. It was originally white, but I rattle-canned it with Krylon camo and Rustoleum Textured black. Last year I did the 3.4 V6 swap. It also has a Calmini lift, 33" ProComp Mud Terrains on ProComp Series 97 wheels, and the 2nd gen big brake upgrade. What else....recently I installed a CB and a gas can holder on the roof rack. That's all I can think of for now. Here's a before and after for you.

Left to do is a ladder on the back and finish the front bumper. I've put some serious thought into how I want to modify it so it will accept a winch, and some other little tid bits. Hopefully with the next 6 months I will have it 'complete'.

:) Bart

Frank

Explorer
Over this past fall, my (stock) trooper with 215k miles on it finally showed signs of age and made me faced with the decision to move onto another vehicle or dump $$ into her in hopes to get more mileage out of it. This trooper has been on countless road trips, through almost every climate America has to offer, in snow/mud/sub zero weather/ sand, pulled numerous people out of the ditch, been beaten to death, loaded down...everything.

I sold her for a nicely built Jeep Cherokee.

Today, I realize I miss my trooper, badly. We went to get our Christmas tree -that required me to venture into unplowed/4" deep snow. The jeep was absoutly horrible. We were all over the road and I had to run it in 4wd nearly any time I wasn't on pavement. While in 4wd, it seemed as if I had to hold it to the floor to get through the snow.

-In the jeeps defense, I have a wide tire right now which I think hurt me.

Bottom line, I miss my trooper.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Over this past fall, my (stock) trooper with 215k miles on it finally showed signs of age and made me faced with the decision to move onto another vehicle or dump $$ into her in hopes to get more mileage out of it. This trooper has been on countless road trips, through almost every climate America has to offer, in snow/mud/sub zero weather/ sand, pulled numerous people out of the ditch, been beaten to death, loaded down...everything.

I sold her for a nicely built Jeep Cherokee.

Today, I realize I miss my trooper, badly. We went to get our Christmas tree -that required me to venture into unplowed/4" deep snow. The jeep was absoutly horrible. We were all over the road and I had to run it in 4wd nearly any time I wasn't on pavement. While in 4wd, it seemed as if I had to hold it to the floor to get through the snow.

-In the jeeps defense, I have a wide tire right now which I think hurt me.

Bottom line, I miss my trooper.
Yeppers I think wide tires suck in snow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman