Nissan Patrol Slip on camper build!!!

drew4130

Been building a slip on camper for a while made it compact so sleeping is in rooftop tent or swag!

DSC_1322.jpg

DSC_1321.jpg

DSC_1308.jpg

DSC_1080.jpg

DSC_1161.jpg

DSC_1179.jpg

DSC_1173.jpg

drew4130

DSC_0618.jpg

fold out stainless bench in progress

DSC_0643.jpg

DSC_0644.jpg

DSC_0659.jpg

DSC_0690.jpg

Slide out ex-army/Mil-spec cooker boils 800 spuds an hour!

DSC_0742.jpg

DSC_0939.jpg

3mm roof sikaflex and riveted every 50mm!

DSC_0708.jpg

DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_0719.jpg

back from the blasters and powder coaters, spare wheel carrier with spot light mount

DSC_0704.jpg

Last edited:

sjk99

Adventurer
Awesome work! A couple of questions, what are those stacking bins and do you have plans for a backup camera (assuming the base truck doesn't already have one.)

Thanks and please keep updating this!

Marcie's Disco

Adventurer
This will be a lot of fun watching a project come together, down under style. The majority of our builds on ExPo take the same shape, using similar ideas and equipment. It’ll be a breath of fresh air to follow along with the concepts and methods of an Australian builder. Subscribed…

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
WOW!! That's a sweet looking setup! Drooling uncontrollably!! Please keep posting the pix. I'm really looking forward to seeing the end product...but then again...are we ever really done with our mod's?

lowenbrau

Explorer
Fantastic!

Please continue to document the buildup as it progresses. I can see that you have a well laid plan regarding how you will store all your gear and I'm looking forward to seeing what goes where.

I think tray top campers are the way to make an expo rig truly multi functional. It would be so nice to back into a storage space on Sunday night and lift the camper off and have a clean deck on Monday morning that you aren't afraid to park on the street and have your gear pilfered. I have a plan to make my 70 series Land Cruiser pickup my DD/weekend warrior.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
That looks great! I really like the integration of every thing, looks very well thought out and ascetically pleasing to boot. Those are great pictures as well, keep up the good work.

drew4130

Thanks all...not sure how heavy yet but I can still move it around easily enough by myself on top of tray like when I spun it side ways to put front panel on.

Cheers Drew

drew4130

Awesome work! A couple of questions, what are those stacking bins and do you have plans for a backup camera (assuming the base truck doesn't already have one.)

Thanks and please keep updating this!

Those stacking bins are for storing whatever at the moment, tinned food one, fuses clamps belts hoses tapes another!? whatever stores away nicely I suppose...backup camera will be fitted too!

Cheers Drew

DSC_0770.jpg

DSC_0769.jpg

DSC_0771.jpg

DSC_0779.jpg

DSC_0784.jpg

Last edited:

Touring4x4

Adventurer
Great work Drew. Coming along really well. :smiley_drive:
Its a Patrol so it can only be a good thing. :victory:
My only concerns would be that it only carries one spare tyre and it looks like it needs a false floor (sheetmetal or plywood) to keep the dust out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78