Nissan Patrol Slip on camper build!!!

drew4130

Great work Drew. Coming along really well. :smiley_drive:
Its a Patrol so it can only be a good thing. :victory:
My only concerns would be that it only carries one spare tyre and it looks like it needs a false floor (sheetmetal or plywood) to keep the dust out.

There is a spare wheel under the tray too
DSC_0719.jpg

and false floor is yet to be cut and installed

Cheers Drew

armyrv

Observer
Great work and nice attention to detail.

Slide out ex-army/Mil-spec cooker boils 800 spuds an hour!

DSC_0742.jpg

BTW, what are the specs on the military cooker? Does it run on gas/diesel/propane? Does it take electricity to start it, and if it does, it is 12v or 24v?

Looking good. Keep it up!

drew4130

Great work and nice attention to detail.

BTW, what are the specs on the military cooker? Does it run on gas/diesel/propane? Does it take electricity to start it, and if it does, it is 12v or 24v?

Looking good. Keep it up!

Thanks!
The cooker runs on gas and has a push button ignitor and quick release hose fitting on the front, I found it a while ago in the bush at a surplus shop. Below is a link with a quote from the place that make them and thats without the box it sits in!!!

cheers Drew

Attachments

• cooker Inv00027929.pdf
    28.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Waht a BEAUTIFUL Troll ute there Mate (I lived in Queensland for quite awhile so I've seen that to me, the Grass is Vehicualry greener on your side of the globe eh)

I Simply LOVE the build you're doing, such amazing work eh.

Cheers

Dave

drew4130

Thanks for having a look and for the comments! Had it on a weighbridge today with the cooker and 60L engel inside camper and 1/3-1/2 tank of fuel it weighed in at 2660kg....GVM is 3150kg!

Matto

Observer
Small world. You guys camped next to us at Granite Gorge one night. At the time I thought it was one of the best fitted-out Patrol utes I'd ever seen. Unfortunately I slept in the next morning, and you'd packed up and headed off before I dragged myself out of bed!

Hope you enjoyed the Cape - I'm sure you would have. You certainly had the right truck for the job!

Thanks for sharing the build!
Matto :)

drew4130

Small world. You guys camped next to us at Granite Gorge one night. At the time I thought it was one of the best fitted-out Patrol utes I'd ever seen. Unfortunately I slept in the next morning, and you'd packed up and headed off before I dragged myself out of bed!

Hope you enjoyed the Cape - I'm sure you would have. You certainly had the right truck for the job!

Thanks for sharing the build!
Matto :)

Hey Matto,

Yeah we got there late and left early, wanted to go Burke dev rd from Karumba but was shut so thats why I was there, have a beer with you next time mate

Cheers Drew

drew4130

Ran into this on the way back at Bramwell Station

DSC_0688.jpg

and this in Birdsville! tuff tow truck!!!

DSC_0020.jpg

Last edited:

grimbo

Explorer
Great idea and really well executed. So how did it perform? Everything work as you wanted or do you think you will need any tweaks etc to get things right? Any further buildup pics, did you end up doing a false floor, did you line the inside etc etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12