Snow Peak BBQ Box

Ash

Adventurer
Just got off the phone talking with Nate from Snow Peak. Awesome guy, knows his stuff, was super patient and had some great real world advice. End result - a IGT with Double BBQ Box and Single Baja Burner, extension table, wind screen, rail and torch on their way :victory:

I get hungry just thinking about it :drool:
This will go nicely with the new National Luna 90L... :coffeedrink:

This thread helped get me over the line.

Ash

cactusjk

Explorer
Agree! I hear there is a new 2 position IGT on the way. This size will fit much better in my FJ!

Just got off the phone talking with Nate from Snow Peak. Awesome guy, knows his stuff, was super patient and had some great real world advice. End result - a IGT with Double BBQ Box and Single Baja Burner, extension table, wind screen, rail and torch on their way :victory:

I get hungry just thinking about it :drool:
This will go nicely with the new National Luna 90L... :coffeedrink:

This thread helped get me over the line.

Ash

vanderpooch

Authentic Adventurer
Does anyone have much experience with the Baja Burner? I want to pull the trigger on one but want to hear some good reviews first as well see some pics of it folded down. Space saving is my main purpose for purchasing and I would like to see how well it packs away.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Does anyone have much experience with the Baja Burner? I want to pull the trigger on one but want to hear some good reviews first as well see some pics of it folded down. Space saving is my main purpose for purchasing and I would like to see how well it packs away.
I have the BBQ Box and the Baja Burner and like them both. I don't have pics but the Baja Burner folds up surprisingly small and comes with a cloth, draw-string pouch.

FWIW- I was going to buy my entire Snow Peak setup (IGT, BBQ, Baja, Cutting Board, numerous accessories) from Expedition Exchange but got turned off by some of the stuff I saw one of their owners posting on their Bulletin Board. Fortunately, I met the guys from Overland Gourmet on a camping trip. They're great guys and they've earned my repeat business with excellent prices and customer service. I highly recommend them for all things Snow Peak.

cactusjk

Explorer
Did you end up getting an IGT? If so what size?

I have the BBQ Box and the Baja Burner and like them both. I don't have pics but the Baja Burner folds up surprisingly small and comes with a cloth, draw-string pouch.

FWIW- I was going to buy my entire Snow Peak setup (IGT, BBQ, Baja, Cutting Board, numerous accessories) from Expedition Exchange but got turned off by some of the stuff I saw one of their owners posting on their Bulletin Board. Fortunately, I met the guys from Overland Gourmet on a camping trip. They're great guys and they've earned my repeat business with excellent prices and customer service. I highly recommend them for all things Snow Peak.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Did you end up getting an IGT? If so what size?
I have the "long" (43") IGT. I originally wanted the shorter table but the guys at Overland Gourmet recommended the longer model for what I wanted to do. They were correct and I've been happy with the setup. The BBQ box and Baja Burner also work well, without the IGT, on the tailgate of my truck.

cactusjk

Explorer
Thanks. I am torn between the regular and new 2 position IGT. I wish there was a bag for the regular IGT. Agree Overland Gourmet is great to work with!

I have the "long" (43") IGT. I originally wanted the shorter table but the guys at Overland Gourmet recommended the longer model for what I wanted to do. They were correct and I've been happy with the setup. The BBQ box and Baja Burner also work well, without the IGT, on the tailgate of my truck.

vanderpooch

Authentic Adventurer
I have the BBQ Box and the Baja Burner and like them both.

How has the fuel consumption been with the canisters? If you were going on a two week trip how many canisters do you think you would need?
Approx, understanding everyone is different.

Me I would cook 1-2 meals a day with it and a cup a tea or two every day.

John

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
How has the fuel consumption been with the canisters?
I'm still getting a feel for it. No doubt, the Baja Burner seems thirsty to me at full throttle but it also puts out a lot of heat (the built-in valve works great, BTW, for controlling the flame). I don't know how much room you have for storage? We have lots of room in our various vehicles so we always carry more fuel than necessary.

4GRAINR

Adventurer
How has the fuel consumption been with the canisters? If you were going on a two week trip how many canisters do you think you would need?
Approx, understanding everyone is different.

Me I would cook 1-2 meals a day with it and a cup a tea or two every day.

John

According to the Primus dealer workbook ...

Attachments

• estimated fuel chart.jpg
    estimated fuel chart.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 70

elias

Observer
I'm very happy with my BBQ box. I've mostly stopped using my propane grill, and replaced it with the BBQ box which packs much smaller and lighter. You can fit the snow peak BBQ box, and Baja Grill, as well as lots of other items in a Pelican 1600 case. I've fit my complete kitchen kit in the 1600.

snowpeakconversion6a.jpg

snowpeakconversion7a.jpg

snowpeakconversion8a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78