ICON CJ3B aka THE DOG

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Gentlemen we either like it or don't. I like it but not for the price. We could chase this all day. I know ICON builds some bomb *** trucks and while Toyota inspired it's just not my cup of coffee. I think at this point we know who appreciates the Mut and who doesn't lets not kick it anymore.

Aaron

Wonderland

Explorer
Gentlemen we either like it or don't. I like it but not for the price. We could chase this all day. I know ICON builds some bomb *** trucks and while Toyota inspired it's just not my cup of coffee. I think at this point we know who appreciates the Mut and who doesn't lets not kick it anymore.

Aaron

So no sayings like "Kicking The Dog"?:elkgrin:

Oh that thing is bad ********! Would love to have one, but the price!!! Does it even come with a top!?

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
I love it! I would buy an ICON product in a second if I could afford one. It would likely be the last 4x4 you ever buy and treasured forever. Compared to the $$$ lots of people have into their rigs, seems worthwhile.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I love it! I would buy an ICON product in a second if I could afford one. It would likely be the last 4x4 you ever buy and treasured forever. Compared to the $$$ lots of people have into their rigs, seems worthwhile.

You'll run into an obstacle here, most of use running our rigs have 1/2 of that invested or less. Heck if you have $79k lying around sent it to me and I'll build you a awesome rig.

A

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
You'll run into an obstacle here, most of use running our rigs have 1/2 of that invested or less. Heck if you have $79k lying around sent it to me and I'll build you a awesome rig.

A

..."most of us"...

A product is worth what someone will pay for it. The fact that ICON is in business, developing these products and selling them gives proof that in general their products are "worth it" (at least to their buyers). Assuming the company is profitable, as it's been in existance for some time, arguing value is pointless. All these posts that say it's overpriced should end in "to me."

If you could build an awesome rig for $79K and satisfy customers, why don't you do it? For $79K anybody could build an awesome rig, but how would it compare to ICON's?

Wonderland

Explorer
If you could build an awesome rig for $79K and satisfy customers, why don't you do it? For $79K anybody could build an awesome rig, but how would it compare to ICON's?

After thinking about it. All things considered, $79K is cheap compared to some other hand made vehicles out there.

Like the PreRunners from Stewart's, those go for $250K

http://www.stewartsraceworks.com/

0809or_11_z+raceworks_2006_ford_f150_prerunner_final_step_up+jumping_catching_air.jpg

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I'm out! you guys keep right along kicking the dog, and the icon is not a race truck. There is a reason race cars are expensive and it has nothing do with whether people will pay or not it revolves around safety and whether you want to live through a crash.

A

Wonderland

Explorer
I'm out! you guys keep right along kicking the dog, and the icon is not a race truck. There is a reason race cars are expensive and it has nothing do with whether people will pay or not it revolves around safety and whether you want to live through a crash.

A

Ummm...ok.

Not sure why you think we are "Kicking the Dog"? (huh?)(confused)

You having "A Case of the Mondays" or sumthing?:removeredX:

I pretty much agreed the Icon Dog is worth $80K, since it is hand built.

Dude chillax
.:sombrero:

Last edited:

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Monday's? Around here you might get the thing you sit on kicked for saying something like that. I try and be modest at best, I can afford an Icon but I would prefer to spend that amount elsewhere, a vehicle that costs over $50k is useless to me (unless it's commercial). Hand built or not if you like it you buy it, but please don't tell me just because you justify the cost that that makes it ok. And the supply and demand economics behind it aren't accurate. In many states homes were sold for double and even triple the value. Was it because that was what they were worth? Sure someone was dumb enough to buy into that logic but it still wasn't true. And yes I guess I could build some nice vehicles for under $79k but the profit margin just isn't there for me otherwise I'd consider such a feat. It's not that I don't love you guys and now you have me thinking about building expo rigs............ as if I didnt have enough to think about.

Aaron

Wonderland

Explorer
Dude I thought you were "Out!" LOL....kick my ********.....funny...

Oh, I wouldn't want to own The Dog, not my thing.

Is it worth $80K? I guess. They are probably just selling the name and the image. Remember the custom chopper craze those things are $100K plus. Heck you can't even take those things in the dirt. Would I love to have CFL WestCoastChopper, sure.

It is all relative. And it is only money...is money even real anymore?:elkgrin:

I am still not understanding where you coming from, you are telling us not to the "Kick The Dog", and yet you are dogging on it. (for lack of a better term) So...huh?

Last edited:

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I love you man. The don't kick the dog thing was a joke reference to don't beat a dead horse and since we all seem to be divided on whether we think its worth it, a turd or whatever, piece of art, the list goes on. Now I think I want one! No I'd likely get a AEV brute yes hand built yes worth it so if I think the AEV's are worth it I might as well think these are to. SO TO CLARIFY I THINK THE ICONS ARE WORTH IT, PS Santa please deliver mine in blue or gray. Money, there is no such thing just 1's and 0's that go from here to there.

A

Wonderland

Explorer
Oh, "Kicking the Dog" is doing something mean, where I am from.

Not "beating a dead horse" I guess that is where I was getting confuse.

Wanna talk about EarthRoamers? :elkgrin: Shhh don't tell anyone, I think there are a wee bit glorified.

I hear you on the AEV's those are badarse!

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Oh, "Kicking the Dog" is doing something mean, where I am from.

Not "beating a dead horse" I guess that is where I was getting confuse.

Wanna talk about EarthRoamers? :elkgrin: Shhh don't tell anyone, I think there are a wee bit glorified.

I hear you on the AEV's those are badarse!

Oh no now you've gone and done it the ER folks are going to be all over us sheesh no sleep in the mountain house tonight.

A

haven

Expedition Leader
diesel for CJ3B

Icon 4x4's recent newsletter contains two new options for the CJ3B. First, the body can be fabricated from aluminum to reduce weight and increase corrosion resistance. Second, a 1.9L VW diesel engine is now an option. The 2.4L GM Ecotec gas engine that is standard equipment in the CJ3B produces about 200 lb-ft of torque. The VW diesel produces 240 lb-ft.

By the way, the newsletter says the shop has a full order book. Currently they are working on 10 Icon vehicles, plus 5 prototype vehicles inspired by the first generation Ford Bronco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle