Scoutkid's van is HERE!!!

dsw4x4

Adventurer
Van is looking sharp and the interior will be rockin for poker night! Just needs a swordfish mounted on the wall!

lstzephyr

wanderer
My inspiration:

337501976_pX3JL-XL.jpg

Awesome thread! I'm interested in what you do with the interior. A diesel 4wd van seems about perfect as far as I'm concerned.

One thing I found interesting about the picture of the sportsmobile is that all of the external stuff(rack, ladder, awning, bikes, etc) makes it look shorter visually than the blank slate of your van. Although in person they are still massive!

scoutkid

Van Builder
Van is looking sharp and the interior will be rockin for poker night! Just needs a swordfish mounted on the wall!

I have a shark, will a shark work?

Awesome thread! I'm interested in what you do with the interior. A diesel 4wd van seems about perfect as far as I'm concerned.

One thing I found interesting about the picture of the sportsmobile is that all of the external stuff(rack, ladder, awning, bikes, etc) makes it look shorter visually than the blank slate of your van. Although in person they are still massive!

You know, what also makes the SMB in the pic look small is the shorter lift and smaller tires! I'm pretty sure once mine gets all that garb it will look pretty ridiculous, lol.

Put about 120 highway miles on today after the track bar install. BE-A-UTIFUL! NO bumpsteer, drives like a dream, 1 finger on the steering wheel. If I let go, it tracks straight as an arrow. I could not be happer with this setup!! :D:D:D

scoutkid

Van Builder
Oh, and Vantom got his first taste of dirt... and he liked it...

IMG02397-20110918-1707.jpg

So what if it is just the dirt driveway at my parents ranch?!:sombrero:

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
That looks SOOO good! Looks like a FS road in the Sierras - you can tell because its going up hill.

I especially like those stirrup cables you have to climb in the cab; the red and black color really makes a nice contrast.

scoutkid

Van Builder
It just sorta fell out :D

IMG02403-20110920-1320.jpg

All clean!

IMG02404-20110920-1432.jpg

And my welder is on his way to pick it up! Some time in the next few days I will have 50 miles less range, intentionally. :smilies27

scoutkid

Van Builder
Well since the fuel tank is off getting reduced in size, I figured I better start getting my tcase ready.

Start here:

IMG02426-20110922-1110.jpg

End here:

IMG02428-20110922-1203.jpg

Next on the list? This little guy.

IMG02429-20110922-1203.jpg

Thanks Ford for deciding to stop making 1) transmissions with swapable bellhousings and 2) tailshafts that you can remove from the back end of the tranny!

That means that I can't just swap the bellhousing off this perfectly usable 4R100 with the one in my van, and that I can't just pop the tailshaft off and stab that onto the van tranny either... No no, I have to completely pull apart this tranny and get the shaft out from the INSIDE. Awesome.

And no, I won't be swapping in the tailshaft myself. I will be driving the van to the tranny shop with my tailshaft in one hand and tcase in the other. I will grunt and motion with my head towards the van and say something like 'Make go there!'

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Seriously. We need to take this guy to a lab and start performing detailed analysis on his serum. Maybe a few biopsy's too...

Some say... that he sleeps hanging from the rafters in his garage and that he lives on the internet... all we know is he's called the Scoutkid.

scoutkid

Van Builder
Dude, seriously... that just made my day!!!

Lol, my oral communication skills could probably use a bit of polishing....

I'm going to stop following this thread, because the pace of your progress just pisses me off.

+1 Wait, can I stop following my own thread?

Seriously. We need to take this guy to a lab and start performing detailed analysis on his serum. Maybe a few biopsy's too...

Some say... that he sleeps hanging from the rafters in his garage and that he lives on the internet... all we know is he's called the Scoutkid.

You guys kill me! It feels like this is taking forever! You don't even want to know what I do with my spare time. Lol.

coguzzi

Adventurer
you can head north about 17 miles and help me finish multiple "almost done" projects if you like--like the complete rewire of a vintage italian bike i seem to be dragging my feet on but go into the garage and stare at it every night--plus my van build--ha

seriously though--i think we may need to get a rocky mountain 4x4 van group going. we had one in the syncro world and lots of campin trips transpired from it

oh yeah--good job BTW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle