Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Nice trailers!

NFADUDE, there's nothing wrong with that 'budget' of yours, buddy. That looks nicely done. Is the box just open with a rack over it?
:safari-rig:
Verkstad, I'm really liking the matching tailgates. You need to show us some more pics. Is that an actual Toyota-made trailer, or a modded tailgate?
I thinking the Toyota T-10 I saw pictures of was more square-shaped all the way up the sides...
:beer:
Either way, neat trailers you both have there.

Last edited:

hakalugi

expoooooo?
<snip>

...Eventually I may modify the axle to fit my Landcruiser tyres,
Maybe re-build the fenders with more rounded corners to resemble the styling of the Landcruiser front fenders, and so on...

:)

i just did the same. i bought this trailer on here (expo.portal) and swapped the original hubs and tires so i could "share spares" with my rig:

original wheels:

attachment.php

new wheels/tires:

attachment.php

yes, 37" tires are a bit excessive on a trailer, but the PO of my series 80 included 4 older near worn out 37" bfg ta/ko's and 3 matching rims, so i might as well use them!

since this pic was taken, i've moved the pintle-hitch to the higher of the 2 mounting holes onthe trailer's fore end, and it sits level now.

We used it this past weekend to camp at Rausch Creek, here it is with the RTT, pre-setup:

sea+of+trailers+and+trucks.jpg

....among a lot of other cool trailers

Last edited:

NFADUDE

NFADUDE, there's nothing wrong with that 'budget' of yours, buddy. That looks nicely done. Is the box just open with a rack over it?
Either way, neat trailers you both have there.

Sir, Yes its an apox 4x6 open top, the front rack is homemade and designed to flip and lock forward so that the full trailer length is available for bulky stuff. Its an ever evolving project. I have around $650 dollars in it., in its entirety at this point. Thanks maybe this picture will give a little better perspective.
DSC_0195-1.jpg

D

Deleted member 9101

Oh man I love that, looks like an old gypsy wagon or something!!!

Honu

lost on the mainland
any inside pics and the white box on the rig has ??????

how does it do offroad ? strange tire setup and no clue so very curious for sure could be a serious luxury basecamp setup though :)

theksmith

Explorer
this isn't mine, just a pic i took on a recent trip of my friend's rig & trailer that i like:

'course after his transmission went out, i did tow his trailer home for him 400 miles, so i guess i should at least get to borrow it now ;)

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Cool wagon trailer!

Verkstad, I haven't seen one of those in a long while. I remember an old flatbed wagon trailer we had on the farm that was a homebuilt with two old truck axles that you could see the diff yokes spinning on as you went down the road. Very stable, very heavy, and could haul tons. I remember the look on Dad's face when I asked about finding a way to connect those axles to the PTO on the tractor... Well, it sounded like a good idea to a 16yr-old!
:coffeedrink:

...'course after his transmission went out, i did tow his trailer home for him 400 miles, so i guess i should at least get to borrow it now ;)

So I gotta ask the obvious question... Did you leave him out there? :sombrero:

Last edited:

theksmith

Explorer
So I gotta ask the obvious question... Did you leave him out there? :sombrero:

haha, no he came home early via a ride from someone else with more minor mechanical problems, got his diesel truck and trailer and came back for the Jeep (but the M101 wouldn't fit on his trailer with his Jeep, and so i towed it!)

Vince1

Adventurer
Added new AEV rims with 35" tires on the M416 to match my new JK set up. Was quite a hassle, as I added ebrakes at the same time (had to wire in a 7-pin and brake controller). Needed 1.5" spacers to get them to fit, and a 1.5" shackle lift. Plenty of clearance now though, and ride is nice (at least on an easy drive autumn through Aspen groves today). I highly recommend the Daystar shackle upgrade...much stronger and easy lift. Don't know how I'd get by without the brakes either now that she is fully loaded.

Attachments

• lift1.JPG
    lift1.JPG
    418.4 KB · Views: 294
  • autumn.JPG
    autumn.JPG
    664.6 KB · Views: 277
  • shackles.JPG
    shackles.JPG
    386.3 KB · Views: 275

loren85022

Explorer
I currently roll with 31" tires. The wheelchair lift can go no higher (yet) . Luckily photoshop allows you dream. Thx Rocket!

Currently installing a foldout sink and hot water sys on the trailer. Axle and fridge following.
62ac5a2c-caca-70e2.jpg

Last edited:

EWS

Observer
Quote 'The wheelchair lift can go no higher (yet) '

Hi.
I have a tetra partner (I think you over the pond refer to this as a quadraplegicic), care to give details of the wheely lift. We have a small offroad trailer under construction and plan to use a converted manual hydralic hoist fitted to a trailer end post to lift a electric wheely onto the the trailer, as I can manualy lift my partner aboard the Land Rover Defender.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78