OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I have been told that OBI is selling factory direct. All you guys have demonstrated these trailers are generally well built and a great deal for handy folks who can fix issues especially priced under 30k.

Question is would you advice anyone to throw down on a 2024 D15 for 60k purchase directly from OBI?

hoosier96

I have been told that OBI is selling factory direct. All you guys have demonstrated these trailers are generally well built and a great deal for handy folks who can fix issues especially priced under 30k.

Question is would you advice anyone to throw down on a 2024 D15 for 60k purchase directly from OBI?
I reached out via their website regarding a D15 they had listed back in December. Have yet to receive a response....

bjammin101

$60k is far too much and I would not pay that much for a '24 even if they upgraded the solar and Renogy stuff.

I would not purchase directly from them for $60,000.00. It's way to much. Especially with the terrible customer support they provide. Depending on what part of the country you are in. I have seen dweller 15's for $38,000.00 dollars from Bish's rv. The "friendly" versions only difference is the paint I believe and it was used in a movie. Vincent the young pup 20ish year old owner started his career in Graphic designing. They do have cool designing though. I paid $35,000.00 ish for mine. The dealership I purchased from wanted to get rid of it and would not be selling their products, due to their poor customer service and lack of product training and support. I think they are essentially being forced to sell factory direct due to them losing dealers. The trailer was designed in Australia, put together in China and some minor assembly of awnings etc... and some minor upgrades in Tempe Arizona. Their facility is basically ran by 2, 20 year olds that have no clue about customer service. Basically once you purchase their product, you are on your own. Thank goodness for this site though ! This site has substantially more knowledge than Obi/conqueror. People here can dial you in. $60.000.00 is crazy !! There is a dealership in Idaho that has them listed for $36.995.00 fo the Dweller 15. We really like our trailer and it is solid.

DesertMarmot

So, we’ve got sensors mounted by the door, TV and passenger side of the bed. 🙈
Have you had any issues running the furnace ? Does it turn off and on when it should ?

Re: Truma Heater offset parameter and sensor location

I moved the Truma temp sensor from the door area on my 22‘ D13 to the cabinet on the driver side right above the bed. With the offset set at 0 I ran a couple of tests. With the heater temp set at 65 degrees the heater was consistently shutting off when the air temp, measured via the thermometer under the sensor, registered 70 degrees. The sensor might(?) be faulty and cannot sense the correct temp therefore the offset parameter is needed. I set the Offset parameter to -5 and now the heater shuts off at the correct 65 degree temperature.

When the temp sensor was mounted in the door area, depending on the temp outside, I was getting temperature differences of 10+ degrees colder in that area versus the new location near the bed.

Attachments

• IMG_4351.jpeg
    IMG_4351.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

kevin8119

I remember someone posting about replacing the grab handle (or the led in it). Did anyone have details on that? I’m struggling to find it but I noticed tonight that mine isn’t coming on anymore.

Next trip out in 2 weeks. Possum Kingdom State Park should be fun.

I remember someone posting about replacing the grab handle (or the led in it). Did anyone have details on that? I’m struggling to find it but I noticed tonight that mine isn’t coming on anymore.

Next trip out in 2 weeks. Possum Kingdom State Park should be fun.
I bought my D13 from a dealer in OR. Decent enough, but when I got home to CA I noticed that the grab handle light didn't work. Pulled it off and it was full of water. I guess that's what happens to a camper living outside in OR.

Anyway, all I needed was a new bulb and I bought it on this site https://itcshopnow.com/. Search for "IllumaGrip" on the site and you'll find the bulb and they also have what looks like the same handle.

kevin8119

I bought my D13 from a dealer in OR. Decent enough, but when I got home to CA I noticed that the grab handle light didn't work. Pulled it off and it was full of water. I guess that's what happens to a camper living outside in OR.

Anyway, all I needed was a new bulb and I bought it on this site https://itcshopnow.com/. Search for "IllumaGrip" on the site and you'll find the bulb and they also have what looks like the same handle.
Thank you so much. Ordered it just now.

LaBlaze

Has anyone been able to connect the solar charger controller and the inverter to one of the Renogy apps? The DC home app or the Renogy bt app? I'm not sure if what we have is compatible with the apps

LaBlaze

Helpppp!! When checking under the bed I noticed a loose wire... not sure if it fell out of the little white connection box since I only see a red wire going into it.. anyone know if there is a red wire and black wire that should be going into that white box thingy?

Attachments

• 20240303_103903.jpg
    20240303_103903.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • 20240303_103922.jpg
    20240303_103922.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24

LaBlaze

Here’s the extra length of clear pipe I inserted. Like the Dweller cousins, our Conqueror’s length of hose was simply too short from the factory and it had a tendency to slip off the fitting. View attachment 819630
Also did you use any pipe type glue on them or just the clamps? And did you stick another shorter piece inside the corrugated pipe and the piece you connected to the inlet? Sorry to be a pain trying to figure this out so we can use our water.

Last edited:

Xid_az

Has anyone been able to connect the solar charger controller and the inverter to one of the Renogy apps? The DC home app or the Renogy bt app? I'm not sure if what we have is compatible with the apps
Yes, for the factory solar charge controller you need the Renogy BT-1 device that hooks up to the RJ-11 port. Once you have that purchased and installed, you can use the DC Home app to talk to it via Bluetooth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger