Gen 3 BG EPR Flush/Rotella T6 Oil Change WOW! Thoughts? Experience?

kbahus

Adventurer
I have been running 5w-40 T6 in most of my cars for nearly a decade. Our BMW has been on it since purchase with 92k on the clock, it now has 215k and has zero oil related issues or oil consumption. T6 also works very well our Montero and keeps consumption at a minimum, I give it a big thumbs up.

vanroth

Observer
T6 does not have enough zinc to cause cat issues. I've used it for almost 9 years now exclusively in every vehicle with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who have had success, great. Keep using it.

T6 is 1200ppm ZDDP

Current SM/SN energy conserving motor oils are limited to 800ppm due to zinc/phos issues with modern cats (lobbied by automakers due to U.S. emission warranty requirements). While rated for gasoline motors, Shell does not advocate using T6 in gasoline motors.

KyleT

Explorer
For those who have had success, great. Keep using it.

T6 is 1200ppm ZDDP

Current SM/SN energy conserving motor oils are limited to 800ppm due to zinc/phos issues with modern cats (lobbied by automakers due to U.S. emission warranty requirements). While rated for gasoline motors, Shell does not advocate using T6 in gasoline motors.

Www.bobistheoilguy.com

1200ppm is very low. Lower than some M1 oils for "gas" cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vanroth

Observer
?
M1 HM is 1000ppm
M1 5W30 is ~800ppm (SN compliant)

Sure, some of their M1 Racing oils are well above 1600ppm, but these are not street oils and not relevant for comparison.

I'm a BIOG member as well...

KgB

Observer
mine developed tick tick after big-O oil change 5W-30 non synthetic (I previously ran synthetic but I was being cheap and lazy)
The ticking was quiet on startup and got really loud once warmed up. I changed the oil again with castrol 10w30 that I usually use and the noise went away almost immediately, I wish I had read this last week I would have tried Bg109 Bg EPR Engine Performance Restoration for sure but it seems like mine was an oil issue.

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
Doing my research on this topic and most certainly going to use T6 on my next oil change in my Gen 2.5 but just want to make sure this is the correct oil?

e8670611-68c3-492a-b939-b2896da47d7a_1.bbddf786129141a43c848a29acaebc7f.jpeg

Reason I am asking is on Shells site they offer a Diesel specific and this Multi Vehicle version.

http://rotella.shell.com/products/shell-rotella-t6-multi-vehicle-5w-30-full-synthetic-heavy-duty.html

Thank you in advance!

Swank Force One

Adventurer
I've always just used the 5w40 T6 that walmart and advanceozon'reilly carries. I've never seen two different kinds, so i assume i'm using the multi-vehicle.

That said, i use the T6 in the Miatas, and the Triple T 15w40 in the Gen2.5.

huntsonora

Explorer
Doing my research on this topic and most certainly going to use T6 on my next oil change in my Gen 2.5 but just want to make sure this is the correct oil?

e8670611-68c3-492a-b939-b2896da47d7a_1.bbddf786129141a43c848a29acaebc7f.jpeg

Reason I am asking is on Shells site they offer a Diesel specific and this Multi Vehicle version.

http://rotella.shell.com/products/shell-rotella-t6-multi-vehicle-5w-30-full-synthetic-heavy-duty.html

Thank you in advance!

Both T6 versions are ok for gas engines. The newer T6 “multi vehicle” is a 5w30 and it's what I'm currently running in my 06 Tundra

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior