‘85 Land Rover Defender 110 Tithonus 3-door w/ 200 Tdi, Marshville, NC

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Where to start?! I’ve had this truck for 7-8 years and have built it to drive comfortably on the street but be unstoppable Offroad as well. I’ve found no rust, and all systems function as they should. This is not surprising given it was restored by the factory (Solihull) during the MOD Tithonus program! Odo shows 175k km, or about 108k miles total from new.
The engine has been upgraded to a 200 Tdi from a hand picked one owner 110- with maintenance history to boot. Transmission/clutch have approx 25k miles. Driveshafts balanced recently, front is Great Basin double cardon.
Suspension has been extremely modified to include Bilstein remote reservoir shocks, Asfir mounts, new springs, castor correcting cranked radius arms, adjustable cranked trailing arms- both custom done by RTE, 45 degree top A-arm mount, HD panhard and drag link, new OEM bushings throughout, new TREs, extended bump stops, extended SS brake lines, etc etc.
Axles have Detroit rear locker and Tru-Trac front locker, both from Ashcroft. Rear custom (Defender Source group buy) Ashcroft HD axle shafts, HD drive flanges front and rear as well. Steel wheels with 37” tires.
Interior has had Melville and Moon canvas seat covers (not included, gift several years/Rovers ago) to protect Exmoor Outlast seats. RN canvas door cards with storage pockets. Cup holders in front of shifter as well as in Puma center tray. LED front light bars and rear Hella flood wired off separate fuse block. Alloy shifter knobs and MOMO steering wheel. Metal snow cowl. Rear hitch and Safari Gard recovery points. Outlast seating for 8 in rear with seat belts for all 8! Simple and nice Beachrunner!! Also of interest if used as a Beachrunner, the Safety Devices cage is 4” taller than civilian models providing greatly appreciated head room…
Front bumper will be swapped to orig MOD bumper for listed price, but Mantec bumper and 10k# Superwinch with recent new rope available at extra cost (not cheap). Hi-Lift, multi tool and Powertank in bed are not included.
I’m sure there is much more I’m forgetting. I have had too many Rovers to count over the past 30 years, and this is by far my favorite! So, why selling? I’ve had numerous joint replacements and spine surgeries as well as a stroke last Oct two weeks after URE. So, looks like it’s time to resort to an air suspended lower entry height rig.
Happy to answer any questions and arrange viewing/test drives. Also, she will be detailed prior to new owner taking possession- still being used around the farm, for chores, hunting, etc, so apologize for the ‘dirty’ pics.
Lastly, I do have a spare new soft top as well as two hard tops- one with and one without windows. Makes an excellent camper!!
Thanks for looking!!
Asking $39.5k

Attachments

• IMG_1077.jpeg
    IMG_1077.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1080.jpeg
    IMG_1080.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1082.jpeg
    IMG_1082.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 190