02 Taco (Slow) Build

Reece04

Observer
Just before the holidays I bought a 2002 Tacoma to replace my... ready, 2008 Mazda 3! Probably the best decision I have made in a long time. But because of all the bad influances on this site, corrupting my young mind ;) , I feel the need to Upgrade.

Stock:

3.4L, 5 speep tranny, with the factory diff lock. with about 94K on the odo. it is very clean inside and out, and it starts and runs like it is brand new. Nothing too exciting but very capable (as you all probably know... I hope)

Mods completed thus far:

265/75R16 BFG A/T all the way around, these are about 1inch larger than stock.

Gray wire mod (boy I wish every mod was that easy, I think it took me 10min.

4 inch Deck plate, the throttle response is the noticable difference, and the nice growl at about 2500 RPM

Wetsand the headlights to remove all the oxidation

Planned Mods:

ARB front bumper
New Rear Bumper with some added protection
Snorkel - for Dust more than anything (and they look cool)
Leveling kit for now, but evenutally coilovers and new leaf springs
Campershell to protect any gear in the bed
and I am sure this list will grow as I drive it more and more.

Gardner Canyon - First trip for the Taco on the first day of the new year, what better way to start!
100_2923.jpg

Deck Plate doing its job, there were several puddles that we splashed through
100_2973.jpg

100_2928.jpg

Last edited:

obscurotron

Adventurer
Nice rig! If not done yet, get that timing belt changed (and do the water pump and thermostat while you, or the shop, is in there). Another 'quick-n-dirty' mod you may want to do is the 2lo mod (involves just unplugging a connector on top of the transfer case).

Reece04 said:
Just before the holidays I bought a 2002 Tacoma to replace my... ready, 2008 Mazda 3! Probably the best decision I have made in a long time. But because of all the bad influances on this site, corrupting my young mind ;) , I feel the need to Upgrade.

Stock:

3.4L, 5 speep tranny, with the factory diff lock. with about 94K on the odo. it is very clean inside and out, and it starts and runs like it is brand new. Nothing too exciting but very capable (as you all probably know... I hope)

Mods completed thus far:

265/75R16 BFG A/T all the way around, these are about 1inch larger than stock.

Gray wire mod (boy I wish every mod was that easy, I think it took me 10min.

4 inch Deck plate, the throttle response is the noticable difference, and the nice growl at about 2500 RPM

Wetsand the headlights to remove all the oxidation

Planned Mods:

ARB front bumper
New Rear Bumper with some added protection
Snorkel - for Dust more than anything (and they look cool)
Leveling kit for now, but evenutally coilovers and new leaf springs
Campershell to protect any gear in the bed
and I am sure this list will grow as I drive it more and more.

Gardner Canyon - First trip for the Taco on the first day of the new year, what better way to start!
100_2923.jpg

Deck Plate doing its job, there were several puddles that we splashed through
100_2973.jpg

100_2928.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior