02 Tundra "PIT O' GOLD"

blvdking

Observer
I have been thinking of going with Icons myself but haven't decided between King, Fox, or the super cheap Bilstein 5100 option.

Butcher54

Adventurer
So its been months since Ive been on here because lets face, it once I get on its hard to get off! haha Ive taken my truck out to Moab and took it to the FJ Summit in Ouray.In Moab I did Baby Lions Back, Fins-N-things, Kanes creek, part of white rim, Shafer. At the FJ summit our first day was Black Bear Pass, the next day we hung in Telluride at a friends shop and took Imogene back to camp as it rained and hailed the entire pass, went exploring some dirt roads the next day, learned how to flip back over a friends loaded down adventure trailer in a thunderstorm! I just now added Camburg uniball UCAS to the truck and love them. had to do the pinchweld mod/grind afterwards, rubbing on the pinch weld was never an issue before. It was my first time out of Texas and I fell in love with that area. my truck did great. I thought the larger size would be an issue for us. ( my buddy took his 2010 4dr taco LWB) but they did awesome.

Butcher54

Adventurer
computer is super slow right now. 1st time ive been online on my laptop in a LONG time, lots of software upgates. needless to say its not wanting to let me search my pictures to post them. so if you wanna snoop around my albums heres my FB link to one of 3 UT/CO albums.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4422411285430.2187555.1443390595&type=3#!/media/set/?set=a.4422411285430.2187555.1443390595&type=3

if this doesnt work try to copy and paste this one....

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...set=a.4422411285430.2187555.1443390595&type=3

seanpistol

Explorer
Do you have any pictures of your bumper from straight behind? It looks real good. Does the spare tire carrier swing out of the way?

rickashay

Explorer
Super cool build. It's nice seeing something different out there on the trails!

I'm actually surprised more people aren't starting to build 1st gen Tundra's up. They are actually almost identical width as a 4th Gen 4Runner, so they really aren't that wide. Have you ran into any issue with the truck's size on tighter trails? The departure angle seems a little weak, but your new rear bumper seems to have remedied that issue. It looks awesome on there!

I've been considering a 1st gen Tundra for my next project, so it's nice to get some feedback from someone who does some of the more difficult trails. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger