'02 WJ.. Some stuff done, lots to come!

Lecoq

Explorer
Looks like they match up the front bumper perfectly!

BTW, you and Theksmith made me buy a WJ today. It was a good deal, couldn't pass it up. ;)

mustangwarrior

Adventurer
nice looking wj!

and not to hijack your thread, but 4wd.com has the flares right now for $425 shipped, use coupon code ju4wddis1 and get them for $400, for some reason its cheaper to order the front and back pairs separate then to order the whole set, just ordered mine last night, and they have a youtube video somewhere on how to install them if anyone wants to know

206WJ

Observer
Those bumpers are beastly! Love the look. :beer:

Thanks!

So, the bad news.... Working on the jeep with a jack stand on a wood block; the wood broke and jeep fell. My thumb was inside a spring at the time.

Finger Ouch.jpg

The good news is that they were able to "re-plant" my thumb. It was hanging on by a flap of skin.

Last edited:

jfein

Oh crap. I'm buying more jackstands first thing in the morning. Good luck with the recovery,hand injury is no joke.

206WJ

Observer
Thanks for the concern guys!

It's looking as good as can be. I have a little feeling in it, and should be getting the pins removed in about a month. They say it will work normal, but we will see.

The worst part of the whole thing is that I now have a ton of free time, and a HUGE pile of parts to install, but cant work on anything.

206WJ

Observer
Yay!!

I got my LA'S in! I'm like a lil kid. It did fight me a bit, and I had to do some things I didn't expect.

They are;

Remove washer bottle for clearance. Apparently this is common.
Trim my front ARB bumper a bit.
Slide the whole axle foreword about 3". I have a new x-member coming to move it back to stock ish.

WP_20130411_005.jpg

WP_20130412_008.jpg

WP_20130412_009.jpg

WP_20130412_003.jpg

The exciting part is that this is on 33's. If I move the rear axle back a bit I think I can do 35's.

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Wow! Looking great! The Bushwackers are on my wishlist! All I really need to complete my "needs" list is a set of lower control arms for the front, and an alignment...hopefully to help the insane death wobble I'm dealing with...

I can't wait to move on from the "needs" list to the "wants" list!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78