04 3rd gen Dodge Ram rock crawler expedition build

swirvin21

Hard Corps
where the heck are you parking the truck during that time?? I've got an uncle with a place in Joshua Tree I've been dying to see!

gun45boat

Adventurer
There is a place in San Diego that stores exotic cars (ferrari's, Lamborghini's etc.) that stores in a climate controlled warehouse... It was funny to see their faces when I pulled up in that truck LOL A gathering of people around the truck including the owner, Poor truck looks like it had been hit over and over with a sledge hammer.... and they are parking it in the same warehouse next to the nice exotic cars,,,,,, They asked if they could at least wash the truck?? I was like "Hell No, This truck does not get washed until I finish with KOH,,,and the Baja" The damn thing is so dirty right now,,, I would love to get a picture of the thing parked in the warehouse, next to all the spotless exotic cars, dropping little turds of dirt on their spotless floor at random times... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ANYONE WANT TO DO THE BAJA PENNISULA WITH ME IN APRIL/MAY???????????????????????????????

gun45boat

Adventurer
Hey White Knuckle.. The factory doors are STUPID strong!!!!!!! At one point, I had the ENTIRE weight of the rig leaned over against a rock (passenger side) as I throttled through it slowly, It sounded like it was gauging a hole clean through the sheet metal (it sounded HORRIBLE) I was cringing a little, After the scraping, I jumped out expecting the worst, only to find some deep crush points, and the doors still open and close (barely) but they do:):):) But the Passenger window only closes half way now... :):):)

05PWrockcrawler

Adventurer
Hey White Knuckle.. The factory doors are STUPID strong!!!!!!! At one point, I had the ENTIRE weight of the rig leaned over against a rock (passenger side) as I throttled through it slowly, It sounded like it was gauging a hole clean through the sheet metal (it sounded HORRIBLE) I was cringing a little, After the scraping, I jumped out expecting the worst, only to find some deep crush points, and the doors still open and close (barely) but they do:):):) But the Passenger window only closes half way now... :):):)

Rock on!!!! Nice real nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

87GMCJimmy

Adventurer
SICK build!!!!!!!! Absolutely awesome rig!!! I am VERY jealous of that snotty 6.4L!!!! (and the truck it's in too, LOL! AND the trips you go on with it!!!)

Some questions for you if you don't mind (you've probably touched on these but, I missed it):
How far forward did you need to move your front axle?
What all did you have to do to do so? (steering mods, moving coil buckets, other stuff???)
Basically just wondering what your front suspension is like to be fitting 42s without having to cut into the footwells to do so! I've got a 4th gen sitting on Carli 3" lift and 37s now and I am contemplating 40s whenever the 37s wear out. Thanks!!!

gun45boat

Adventurer
Hey Man, Sorry for the delay of answering your questions.. and a huge thanks for the props on the truck... I have some big news about this truck and where it is going, but I cannot announce it just yet.

1) I had to move the front axle forward 2" to make everything work correctly with the 40" tires, I will stuff 42" tires easily now..

2) in order to stuff 40's you will still have to cut off some of the rear lower A-pillar regardless of what you do. Also, you cannot move the front axle forward more than about 2"s before you will have to do a lot of fab work to move **** around ie( cutting and reworking coil perches, etc.etc. All I did was order the adjustable upper and lower control arms and extend them out, also had to "adjust" the Thuren high steer tie rod to clear the pitman arm,,, but other than that, it is easy.

gun45boat

Adventurer
Whats up Scott!!!!!! Yes sir,,,, Crawler is also on here LLOLOLOLOLOLO You crazy bastard...:ylsmoke::ylsmoke::ylsmoke::ylsmoke: You need to do a build thread on here.... good people on this board would like to see your build thread...

gsbbear

Observer
Me the crazy basturd? Have you seen your truck lately? Bwahaha. You are my mentor now! And since Crawler's rig just got bigger he is my mentor as well! By the way, what the hell is your real name Crawler? LOL. I'm tired of just calling Crawler! It makes my picture you with diapers on!!

As far as a build thread here heck I can barely keep up on PWR. I'm not a "computer person". Besides, I am not one for the limelight! I'd rather just kind of sneek around and then when I see something cool hit the 50" and 30" LED bars and light S&%$ up just before I ram it into submission!! Maybe I'd put some stuff here but it's so time consuming to do the thread things. Today it is pissing rain here so I am lurking around seeing whats going on! Also, not much has changed on my truck for now. I am kind of "stuck" where it is as the steering box is at PSC being modified and I can't do anything with the hydro assist until it is back. In fact it was a b*^@! getting the thing out of the lift without any steering Friday by myself! LOL

P.S. I would ask you what's going on BUT I ALREADY KNOW!!!!!

gsbbear

Observer
You are such a lucky DAWG Mike! LOL. I may have to hire a helicopter (not just for river jumping or extraction *wink*) but to follow you on the UA brother!!!!

gun45boat

Adventurer
Thanks man!!!!! I am going to save the bottle of Nitrous for the last day,,, and I promise,,,to all the MOPAR supporters out there<<<< I am going to hammer the WHEELS off this rig on the last day!!!!!! Hopefully put her on her lid, then hang her up to dry!!!!!! thanks again for the support

swirvin21

Hard Corps
I know you can't say anything about where you'll be, but be sure to hit me up if you go through the North Texas area! About time we get some Mopar love!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78

Members online