05 + tacoma dual battery relocation/install vid.

cam-shaft

Bluebird days
Not a professional vid but working on it. Lot of b words.

Shows width of box, it is dimension of odyssey battery.
DSCF3850.jpg

Shows batts offset to passenger of bed to offset fuel tank weight.
DSCF3829.jpg

This is how it sits now.
DSCF4719.jpg

Cam-shaft.

Last edited:

downhill

Adventurer
I think relocating the battery is a good idea, and some day I will. I don't understand why Toyota put every damn heavy thing on one side of the truck. When you put duals there the problem gets even worse, not to mention the fact that changing a headlight bulb becomes a PITA. The best place for the batteries would the front right corner of the bed. I wish you had panned out so we could see how you arranged things back there. That box looks pretty big. I take it you have other things to go in there eventually? Is there ventilation through the box? Things like the isolator need ventilation. Everything looks cleanly done.

cam-shaft

Bluebird days
I think relocating the battery is a good idea, and some day I will. I don't understand why Toyota put every damn heavy thing on one side of the truck. When you put duals there the problem gets even worse, not to mention the fact that changing a headlight bulb becomes a PITA. The best place for the batteries would the front right corner of the bed. I wish you had panned out so we could see how you arranged things back there. That box looks pretty big. I take it you have other things to go in there eventually? Is there ventilation through the box? Things like the isolator need ventilation. Everything looks cleanly done.

Kept box as small as I could and still have room for everything. I have been running this system over a year and originally I checked the isolator for temp and decided against vents. Isolator was/is staying cool. Box has seperate compartments and the isolator seems to have plenty of air space, plus the aluminum box for quicker heat dissipation, box is ambient temp being located in bed, better for batt life also. Heat kills batts faster then cold. I have one 4 system apm(accessory power module) in engine bay then another that will be going into box eventually. I do have another plan for box of joy eventually. One more note: box has1/2"thick x 1"wide piece of flat stock welded on bottom toward the front so that box will sit flat, due to the ribbing in the bed. Then bolted through bed using existing drain holes in bed. Hope that answers your questions.
Thanks for your comments,
Cameron.

Last edited:

Mtbrulz278

Nice video! trying to get all the parts and pieces to do this to my truck. Anyway I could get a rough wiring diagram? TIA

cam-shaft

Bluebird days
Whiteboard engineering.

Nice video! trying to get all the parts and pieces to do this to my truck. Anyway I could get a rough wiring diagram? TIA

I drew it out on my white board. Some of it may be hard to read and hopefully I did not leave anything out. You may have to zoom to read it all, let me know if you have any questions.

Here you go.:coffee:
:)

Cam-shaft.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears