Creek said:
linky

Xterra Snorkel
SKU: SPAC05XSNORK $335.00USD
Xterra Snorkel
Click to enlarge

2005-2009 Xterra

* True cold air intake.
* Since the air source is above most of the road debris and dust, this also helps provide cleaner air.
* Comes with snorkel head which provides forced air induction which will help improve gas mileage and performance.
* Snorkel head is designed to keep driving rain and snow from entering the intake tube.
* Requires drilling and cutting into side of your fender.
* Bolts to stock intake box.
* This snorkel is specifically designed for your newer generation Xterra and is made for deep water fording
[/

mcm4090

Explorer
Creek said:
i ordered right before I posted the link last night
I got an airflow snorkel for my Frontier the other week, looks very similar to the snorkel AC sell for the X.

RakkasanFA

Observer
mcm4090 said:
I got an airflow snorkel for my Frontier the other week, looks very similar to the snorkel AC sell for the X.

Where are the install pics? I can't imagine you weren't out in the driveway on Christmas day installing it. HAHA!

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Blackening the clamp.....

Hey Creek - I just read your posting that was in the link. To blacken the hose clamp on my snorkel I first painted the entire clamp with Rustoleum textured black paint, and then slid a piece of heat shrink tubing over the clamp, leaving just enough space to tighten down. Shrank the tubing down, then mounted it up, with the screw portion around on the backside of the snorkel where it wouldnt get hit by stuff and have the paint knocked off. Almost a year later, so far, so good.

sami

Explorer
I agree.. i think the top air scoop is funky lookin. If and when i get one, i'll swap out the scoop for a precleaner.. The precleaner looks better.. or hell, even a Safari Snorkel scoop.

... Cause we all know the snorkel is merely for looks ;)

XterraVT

Observer
Installed the Snorkel on Friday and didn't take any Pics ( Sorry, Just returned from DC and decided to install it right then and there ).
Here is a pic from Saturdays Stocker Wheeling trip in Mass.
Me and mtndewmike
StockerRun0009.jpg

StockerRun0004.jpg

I need to go back and do a little more trimming to the Snorkel Hole. The Snorkel sits a little bit away from the A-pillar to the point that I can't bolt the A-pillar bracket w/o forcing the snorkel tube to it. Just needs a little tweak with a Dremel and good to go.

I do agree that I like the Safari scoop better than this one. Anyone know where to get just that scoop just in case I want to get one down the road?

Something

Adventurer
looks good..actually looks kinda big..wonder how this affects mpg?

although no pics could you atleast describe the install?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears