06 LR3; looking for hot power outlet for ARB Fridge

medicfernando

Adventurer
Hello all. My 06 LR3 has plenty of power points but none are constant powered without the ignition on. I want to be able to run my ARB fridge on trips and am wondering if anyone else has dealt with this issue and what the best solution you have come up with is. Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated. Cheers, Fernando

zelatore

Explorer
I ran mine off the 12v outlet in the back of the center console as I have my fridge replacing the center back seat. To make the outlet stay hot, I just made up a little jumper to install in place of the relay that normally powers the outlet(s).
I forget which relay it is off the top of my head, but it's in the fuse block on the passenger side behind the glove box.
Eventually I ended up running a dedicated 10 ga hot wire direct from the battery and putting in power-poles since the stock 12v outlet wasn't making great contact and would job connection sometimes.

spikemd

Explorer
The jumper is a good temporary fix but the ARB should get a dedicated wire from the battery. The stock wiring really isn't up to snuff when it comes to powering the fridge long term. I have a 10g wire to a Blue Sea fusebox in the rear of the Rangie for powering the ARB, recharging the GoalZero powerpack and other accessory plugs. I have all the hardware to wire one up in the lr3, but haven't done it yet. Also, don't run your main LR3 battery down to far as it can be fickle with a low battery.

As Zelatore mentioned, the Andersen power plugs are a much better connection and I converted when I installed the fusebox. The Anderson power plugs also connect directly to my GoalZero so works out better for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior