slooowr6

Explorer
A big box arrive this morning.
253389226_FDg8t-M.jpg

Ya, it's here. :wings:
253388631_k9u4C-M.jpg

heeltoe989

Explorer
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

Another Supercharger!!!!

You'll love it, I still LOVE mine. I just have the URD MAP/MAF sensor in the spring to wire in and do the final turn at the dyno shop.

Last edited:

slooowr6

Explorer
:ylsmoke: trying to find a dealer that won't cost me an arm and a leg to install it. I got price quote from $1500 to $750......... pretty amazing on the price difference. Have not found one that has installed one on 05+ Tacoma.

Time for some more :lurk:

heeltoe989

Explorer
slooowr6 said:
:ylsmoke: trying to find a dealer that won't cost me an arm and a leg to install it. I got price quote from $1500 to $750......... pretty amazing on the price difference. Have not found one that has installed one on 05+ Tacoma.

Time for some more :lurk:

$750 isn't a bad install price. mine was about $850 CAN. That was including the timing chain gasket under warranty.

Have them go through the truck and fix anything under warranty that they can so you know the engine is ready to go for the SC.

heeltoe989

Explorer
slooowr6 said:
:D Made an appointment for 2/26 to bring the truck in for installation. :wings:

NICE!!!!

Look forward to seeing the result and what you think of it when you get it back.

:rally_guys:

slooowr6

Explorer
Finally got my truck back. This is the first 05+ SC installation they did. The service writer told me the tech spent 22hr on the installation. :oops: He honor the original price quote though. Not sure why it too the tech that long.

Here it is! :wings:
259987972_8vRaC-M.jpg

259988271_ebv6b-M.jpg

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
CONGRATS!!!

Can't wait to hear a report on the performance increase.

PS- Don't forget to give us more pics of your Taco/FWC. :drool:

slooowr6

Explorer
A quick impression from driving it back from dealer in the stop and go traffic.

1) The SC does not turn the truck into a drag racer. It's very smooth when it engage.
2) It does whine a little when engage, not bad but you will know it.
3) SC triggers around 30-33% throttle position (per Scangauge), the transition is smooth.
4) Once SC engaged the truck just keeps pulling without down shift. :D

Overall I'm happy with it. Will need to climb some really freeway pass to see how it handles the heavy hauling.

My mod list is almost done for now. I'll need tires for sure, still undecided on 33"(255/85/16) or 32" (265/75/16). I think I'll know which tire to get after some freeway driving to Tahoe.

Next thing to do is bring the camper to ATC to have them install Hi-Lift mount and Jerry can holder.

slooowr6

Explorer
HMR said:
CONGRATS!!!

Can't wait to hear a report on the performance increase.

PS- Don't forget to give us more pics of your Taco/FWC. :drool:

Thanks!

Will post more pic after I get the Hi-Lift and Jerry can mounted to the camper. ;)

heeltoe989

Explorer
slooowr6 said:
Finally got my truck back. This is the first 05+ SC installation they did. The service writer told me the tech spent 22hr on the installation. :oops: He honor the original price quote though. Not sure why it too the tech that long.

Here it is! :wings:
259987972_8vRaC-M.jpg

259988271_ebv6b-M.jpg

Well Done!!! Its nice to see another one :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman