07BlackSpecV's Junior Overland 2008 Nissan Xterra

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
G3 (genuine guide gear) ski straps are your friend for making fat bikes fit, as well as a million other uses with a roof basket.
SST2_large.png

Thanks man, I'll have to check into it.

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
After a sometimes not so patient wait, too excited to get this, my rear bumper from Maxterra arrived. I got the mostly fully loaded bumper from him, the only option missing being the 3 marker lights. Got it installed right away and I cannot believe how precise the fitment of this bumper is. It is a work of art. Also, it fits with the standard Gobi ladder which was a bit of a concern but Dave worked with me and made it happen. So excited to have this installed, now it's time to start saving for that ARB front bumper.

Also took the time to replace the blown Bilstein shocks out back, also had it into the dealership earlier this week to have the 60,000 mile maintenance done. Will probably have to change the brakes out at the end of August.

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
Already went to the UP for vacation and back this summer. Didn't do too much besides going to White Fish Point.

We just got back from another quick trip though. Spent the weekend at Hocking Hills State Park here in South Central Ohio.

Started off by finally hanging my Trasharoo...was maybe too excited about this.

Cooked a great breakfast; a mountain man cassarole, pancakes, and sausage.

Then we got down to business by going on a 7mile hike. We saw Old Man's Cave as well as 4 other water falls.

It was HOT all weekend up on the hill so we took the risk and slept without a rain fly. It helped and gave a good view.

For dinner I tried my hand at some Philly Cheesesteaks and French Fries, the sandwiches came out well but the fries could use perfecting.

We might also have a Rubicon in the garage but the Xterra is the current adventure vehicle. I'm not afraid to live in it and rough it up a little. So kick up your feet and enjoy the scenery.

Last edited:

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
This is such an awesome truck, I love it.

I bet it was tough to go all the way to the UP and just do Whitefish Point :D

I'm thinking about planning a camping trip to Hocking Hills soon, any recommendations on where to stay? I'm trying to avoid the paved campgrounds with RVs.

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
Admittedly and somewhat embarrassingly this was my first time there so we kept things simple and stayed right in the State Park campground...which, with the exception of our camp site, was very crowded. We thankfully had woods on either side of our campsite but paid for the secluded-ness with uneven ground.

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
Admittedly and somewhat embarrassingly this was my first time there so we kept things simple and stayed right in the State Park campground...which, with the exception of our camp site, was very crowded. We thankfully had woods on either side of our campsite but paid for the secluded-ness with uneven ground.

Oh! In that case, you need to go back as soon as possible :D

bigskypylot

Explorer
After a sometimes not so patient wait, too excited to get this, my rear bumper from Maxterra arrived. I got the mostly fully loaded bumper from him, the only option missing being the 3 marker lights. Got it installed right away and I cannot believe how precise the fitment of this bumper is. It is a work of art. Also, it fits with the standard Gobi ladder which was a bit of a concern but Dave worked with me and made it happen. So excited to have this installed, now it's time to start saving for that ARB front bumper.

Also took the time to replace the blown Bilstein shocks out back, also had it into the dealership earlier this week to have the 60,000 mile maintenance done. Will probably have to change the brakes out at the end of August.

That bumper looks pretty familiar...

Love mine!

13418601_1293565614004685_4982691178340317041_o.jpg

jhberria

Adventurer
Welcome to the club! You'll love the bumper.

Also....

In the immortal words of Franklin Delano Roosevelt after the Allied incursion of Western Europe on June 6th, 1944.......pictures or it didn't happen.

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
Welcome to the club! You'll love the bumper.

Also....

In the immortal words of Franklin Delano Roosevelt after the Allied incursion of Western Europe on June 6th, 1944.......pictures or it didn't happen.

It'll go on next weekend. Need to get the fog light kit before then.

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
I've been stuck at home on call all day so I decided to be constructive and get some work done.

The ARB Bumper is mostly done. Just need to complete the pinning step and wire in the combination lights. Also, my ARB fog light kit should be here in the middle of next week.

The dog was enjoying the cruise out in the country.

It's pretty amazing where it started 4 years ago and where it is now.

So...what's next???

I'm thinking; AFE High Cut Exhaust, White Knuckle Sliders, Hefty Fab Aluminum Skids, ARB 9" Intensity Lights, 40" Rigid Dual Row Light Bar, Rigid Perimeter Lighting, ARB Awning, and Warn VR10,000s.

That will probably be the goal for next year. I'd like to change out diffs and go up to 4.10's also but that is a major project.

bigskypylot

Explorer
I've been stuck at home on call all day so I decided to be constructive and get some work done.

The ARB Bumper is mostly done. Just need to complete the pinning step and wire in the combination lights. Also, my ARB fog light kit should be here in the middle of next week.

The dog was enjoying the cruise out in the country.

It's pretty amazing where it started 4 years ago and where it is now.

So...what's next???

I'm thinking; AFE High Cut Exhaust, White Knuckle Sliders, Hefty Fab Aluminum Skids, ARB 9" Intensity Lights, 40" Rigid Dual Row Light Bar, Rigid Perimeter Lighting, ARB Awning, and Warn VR10,000s.

That will probably be the goal for next year. I'd like to change out diffs and go up to 4.10's also but that is a major project.

What Diffs are you looking to change out to? I have a M205(3Rib) waiting to do a Titan swap sometime next year. Will be moving up to 4.10s as well. I may do a Titan-width Currie 9" rearend with ARB locker in the back while i am at it. Your rig looks great!

13958275_1336385079722738_5832585891936081340_o.jpg

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
I'm kind of leaning toward just regearing the R180 and dropping a regeared 226 in the rear with the factory e-locker...I honestly need to do more research on it as well.

Would really really love to do ARB ari lockers front and rear but that probably isn't in the cards for this truck and I don't think all of that would fit in the r180 housing.

bigskypylot

Explorer
I'm kind of leaning toward just regearing the R180 and dropping a regeared 226 in the rear with the factory e-locker...I honestly need to do more research on it as well.

Would really really love to do ARB ari lockers front and rear but that probably isn't in the cards for this truck and I don't think all of that would fit in the r180 housing.

Re-gearing themail R180 and installing the Airlocker shouldnt be an issue. Had a buddy do it to his

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan