08 lr3 tire pressure light on service tire pressure monitor on dash

gmtech

Observer
have 08 LR3 with 160,000 miles. with tire light on. all pressures good in all tires.
has codes C1A58-93 right front tire pressure sensor and C1A58-31 if i clear codes it goes away for 10 miles or so.
senor bad?
if i replaced it what brand are most people using? and do i need to program it? or just drive it 10 miles like the owners manual says?

thanks

nwoods

Expedition Leader
It's just the battery in the sensor. They only last 8 to 10 years or so, you got a lot of life out of yours. I don't think the battery is serviceable, I think you need to replace the sensors. It's a good idea to do all 5 while you are there. I suggest buying them direct and then handing them to a tire shop to install. As long as compatible type, they should be "self-programing"

gmtech

Observer
I am technician at a GM shop and do all my own work. what brand sensor? do you have a link to ones you have used? i also have a code for C1a64-93 for spare tire sensor, but have a donut spare so i though that code did not apply to mine. does donut spare have a sensor also?

douglastic

When my TPMS batteries died I chose to deactivate the system with my GAP tool rather than replace for $$
Also keeps the light off the dash when I air down

gmtech

Observer
dont have a gap tool but i have landrover/jag launch x431 scan tool. how about do you deactivate it with the gap tool?

douglastic

It's been a while, but basically finding the correct TPMS CCF option - and select "not fitted"
very straightforward

and in case anyone wants help justifying the GAP tool . . .

$85 per sensor x4 = almost 70% the price of the tool
then program yourself a spare $25 ebay key with it, and you're making $

Last edited:

gmtech

Observer
eplaced right front tire pressure sensor with VDO part # SE52081
drove 8 miles after clearing codes. tire pressure light comes back on flashing.
do i need to re learn sensor? what do most people use to re learn sensor.
du not have gap tool but have launch landrover scan tool.
rotated tires left to right. new sensor is now on the left front. now have these codes. PXL_20240313_202203103.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior