1" Puck Lift Recommendations

williard86

Observer
I installed some larger tires on my 2000 e350 and they just barely rub. I'd like to raise the front just marginally. 1" would be perfect. I saw the maxx-lift but a lot of people say it puts the front above level--closer to 2". I'd like to avoid a see-saw situation. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Check with the usual places like Summit Racing, etc., as I think there are a lot of generic body-lift pucks out there. I know the really frugal Astro/Safari guys were cobbling their own lift kits together by buying piecemeal bits from various companies, including body bucks.

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
If you are talking about a suspension lift and not a body lift, you would be lifting the chassis but not limiting the bump travel - it will still rub. It may take a little bigger bump to rub but it will still rub.

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
Check with the usual places like Summit Racing, etc., as I think there are a lot of generic body-lift pucks out there. I know the really frugal Astro/Safari guys were cobbling their own lift kits together by buying piecemeal bits from various companies, including body bucks.

I don't think he is asking about a body lift...

A

AngryRedBird

I agree with the Body/Puck lift scenario.. utilizing a combination of the two.

williard86

Observer
My bad, I was referring to a spacer lift. Firestone AT 265-75r16. They are fine in the back but just rub the fender well when turning with up travel. It's livable and drivable as is but before it gets more off the beaten path I'd like to fix it.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I've had 265 / 75 - 16 on two of my E350 that were stock, only at full lock in either direction did they rub but it was so minor that it never bother me. the one time it did bother me I took a two pound hammer and lightly tapped in the bottom of the fender where it did touch and it never rubbed again.
in other words you shouldn't have to worry about lifting or raising your van to accommodate those size tires.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
The low rider crowd often use a baseball bat (or other round piece of hardwood) to roll the lip of the fender to increase clearance. Although there is a place for a moderate lift, I prefer to keep my vehicles as low as I can get away with.

williard86

Observer
I'll try to roll it a little more. There's not a great deal of material at the bottom corner so it makes it hard to do. Plus, mine has some previous injuries in that area. I guess that's a good thing since I'll likely be taking a mallet to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78

Members online