'10 Tundra CrewMax

zidaro

Explorer
Loving my truck!!!
Been out in Saline Valley and Doheny Beach camping, still snowing in the Sierras ;( - LONG Winter

Added tow mirrors, found them used for a great price- much better visibility with camper on and towing

DSC_0008-3.jpg

DSC_0006_3.jpg

mayoibushi

Observer
great build, perfectly in-tune and not over the top. much like what Im doing to my new Nissan. Love to read your feedback.

bjowett

Adventurer
Yes, that is frame flex.... typical C-channel. We are the only market in the world where Toyota has retrograded to an old style American truck C-channel frame.

zidaro

Explorer
For better or worse Frame-flex is always present and the bumper was mounted leaving a 1/2" gap off the fender to accommodate.

Regarding the frame-flex-- Does anyone have an opinion on how much flex will be affected with a set of full length weld-on sliders?

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
I've heard that flex is good. In other words: most rigid does not equal most strong. I feel like it's a misconception.

Very cool tundra!

bjowett

Adventurer
Sliders might help with the beaming stiffness of the main rail, but will do little for the torsional issues.

Flex doesn't = weakness, and stiffness doesn't = strength. With that said, I prefer my suspension to do the work.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Sliders might help with the beaming stiffness of the main rail, but will do little for the torsional issues.

Flex doesn't = weakness, and stiffness doesn't = strength. With that said, I prefer my suspension to do the work.

Mercedes allows both to work on the Unimog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daveyboy

Adventurer
Very nice Tundra.

I recently got a camper for my Tundra and have a question:

In your pics with the camper, I notice that the tailgate is still on the truck--how do you access your spare tire without removing the camper?

zidaro

Explorer
Very nice Tundra.

I recently got a camper for my Tundra and have a question:

In your pics with the camper, I notice that the tailgate is still on the truck--how do you access your spare tire without removing the camper?

HaHa, it wouldnt happen with the camper on! It would, of course, be quite a hassle but possible if needed. Hope i never have to do it. I carry a plug kit, and unless it is a sidewall gash, safely seals most leaks.

bkg

Explorer
Yes, that is frame flex.... typical C-channel. We are the only market in the world where Toyota has retrograded to an old style American truck C-channel frame.

Gotta love the Dana frame design. :(

Even so, dang nice truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior