100 Series Prices?

CoachMuddy

I'm considering getting a 100 series and was wondering about what to pay for one. Are the KBB and NADA prices pretty good measures of what I should spend, or are they going for more than that?

I live in San Antonio if that makes any difference. The one that I've been looking at is an '06 and is in great shape. It has around 125,000 miles, but they're asking $22,900 which is about four grand over blue book.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

SmoothLC

Explorer
Find out from the dealers, used auto sales places in your area. Typically, one or the other is used more often. Then go with that as a guide.

goblue

That price sounds about right for an 06 with that mileage, assuming all the major maintenance is done...the nada value for that in my area is over $24k

Texas Geo

Just bought an '05 with 80k miles for that price. My first LC.

Also, there is a really nice black '06 with 98k miles for around the same price located in Plano. Might check that one out on Craigslist.

CoachMuddy

Thanks for the input. I'm leaning toward this one because the owner bought it certified and has taken really good care of it, has service records, etc. I'm a little leery of buying one from a small dealer that probably bought the thing at auction. There are a few LX470's out there that are comparably priced, buy I prefer the Toyota grill and headlights. Is the Lexus interior really that much nicer?

This one is priced right at NADA retail, but higher than KBB private seller prices.

Happykamper

Explorer
For a nice 100 or most any Toyota truck, you can throw the book out ! As a former dealer I was never hesitant to take nice Toyota trucks in for over book and had " no problem getting a hefty profit above that.
Just find what you like and what you can afford as these babies hold there value .

RoyJ

Adventurer
If you're close to the border I'd recommend shopping in Canada. With our weak dollar there're lots of great deals to be had.

A few months ago I picked up my 05 LX470, with 85,000 miles, for 11,300 USD. Mind you that's exceptionally low, and I had to jump on it, but good deals can be had if you're willing to wait.

jhawk

Adventurer
Back in Nov. I paid 18 for a one owner 04 in excellent shape with 114,000 on it.

There just aren't a lot of them out there.

Find a good one and jump on it, they don't sit around long.

Jim

SixLug

Explorer
I paid 12250 for a clean stock rig with 189,000 on it and a stack of records, along with a brand new shop-performed t-belt. Maybe too much, but its a nice ride for sure. And it has a ********-ing locker!

BTW, buying a 100 has rendered my username useless...

TxTortoise

Sounds like fair price, if super clean. That truck on a dealer's lot, at that price or better, wouldn't last three days in San Antonio. I've seen two go like that in the last six months, both from the Lexus Dominion lot.

Might check service record for timing belt and water pump, probably only leverage on price if it's really clean.

The value is getting a bit old, but my 2007 LX 470 with 120K, excellent condition, was valued at $27,500 last August by my insurance company when it was technically totalled.

My nephew and I just lost a 2006 LX 470 on a Mannheim auction bid. It went for $23,500 and at 87K miles I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78