100 Series speedo recalibration?

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
So, I recently had new tires installed on the hundy, now my speedo's off by about 5 mph too low. Any ideas on how to reset this? I can't find anything on changing it on the 100.
Thanks!

texascrane

Adventurer
http://www.yellr.com/yb_home.htm

Their toyota harness will plug right into the plug coming off the transfer case. The other option is Mark's 4wd Speedo correction unit sold by Slee. It's about twice the price and requires splicing into the wiring behind the glove box.

texascrane

Adventurer
Use a scan gauge, as others have. However you could install a correction speedo box and here is the write-up. Also you can replace the speedo gear, but that may be a bit farther than most individuals would like to do. If you use the appropriate search function in Ih8mud.com, you can find more detail of each option/choice. :)

marks-speedo-correction-install

land+cruiser+100+speedo+correction

speedo-correction

slee_speedo

As far as I know there isn't a gear to swap out on the 100 series. The issue with the Marks 4wd option, depending on your perspective, is that it requires splicing into the ecu harness behind the glove box. I personally think the yellow box is a cleaner and easier install.

The other option is to install a scanguage. It will display the correct speed, although your speedometer/odometer will still be off. It's a fairly popular modification and has other benefits besides reading the correct speed. However, I like correcting the actual signal into the ECU... otherwise your odometer is going to be understating your mileage.

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
As far as I know there isn't a gear to swap out on the 100 series. The issue with the Marks 4wd option, depending on your perspective, is that it requires splicing into the ecu harness behind the glove box. I personally think the yellow box is a cleaner and easier install.

The other option is to install a scanguage. It will display the correct speed, although your speedometer/odometer will still be off. It's a fairly popular modification and has other benefits besides reading the correct speed. However, I like correcting the actual signal into the ECU... otherwise your odometer is going to be understating your mileage.

Yeah, and which scan/gauge? I've looked at a few, like the one from jet, but no reprogramming option for the speedo.
And I'm not too keen to the idea of hacking into the harness IF I don't have to.

And no, there is no regearing the speedo on the 100 series as far as I can find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears