Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Habitat Owner's Thread

Default Habitat Owner's Thread

By popular demand, it seemed to make sense to start an owner's thread for the AT Habitat that is separate from the release thread, so here it is. May the fun begin!
    '07 Red Rock Jeep Sahara JKU - Replaced w/'14 Anvil JKURX
    AT Habitat #12 - Replaced w/'14 AT CHASER

Default AT rear storage tray, a 3rd brake light, and slide out Pelican case

Can you tell us where you obtained the third brake light.

A few photos from our shake down cruise across Nevada over the Winter Holidays. We got ahead of the storm but the weather stayed crazy cold for the trip.
    Too cold for humans to enjoy but the little husky loved it.

DSC_3752.jpgDSCN0882.jpgDSC_3660.jpgDSCN0874.jpg
    I've been working a getting the sleep system dialed and adding lights up top. More photos coming soon.
    JRUEPPEL - Flickr: Amicus Telemarkorum

'07 Jeep JKU Rubicon - Habitat #008 coming soon.....no wait...Installed!

I would like to know about the third brake light as well. Is it an enclosure the you picked up somewhere?
    My J30 should be here next week and I'm playing with ideas for the brake light. I relocated mine behind the spare but the trasharoo bag covers it.

And what are your thoughts on the A/T gear rack? Is it worth the steep price? Easily adjustable? I could have my buddy build a rack for less, but I don't mind paying more if it is really worth it...?
    Last edited by brianjwilson; 03-29-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    2011 E350 EB v10, Ujoint 6" 4x4, 4.56 ARBs, 35s, aluminess etc

2015 Toyota Tacoma DCLB 4x4 S/C ICON OME ARBs 4.56 gears 255s
    2015 Four Wheel Camper Fleet, forward dinette

SOLD Built 2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, Ursa Minor j30 camper top

Quote Originally Posted by Frostymug View Post
    Can you tell us where you obtained the third brake light.
    http://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RW-43

Subscribed.
    I spent all morning cleaning the inside of my Jeep after AT got done with the "repairs" to the crappy texture job the painter did. They didn't take the top off to sand it down and that fiber material DUST was everywhere. Clean now and ready for a trip... If I had the time. Two of my kids are getting married within the next 6 weeks.
    2017 Ford F350 CC SRW - 6.7L Diesel 4x4
    2018 Cirrus 820 Truck Camper

Quote Originally Posted by DingusKahn View Post
    Subscribed.
    I spent all morning cleaning the inside of my Jeep after AT got done with the "repairs" to the crappy texture job the painter did. They didn't take the top off to sand it down and that fiber material DUST was everywhere. Clean now and ready for a trip... If I had the time. Two of my kids are getting married within the next 6 weeks.
    Welcome aboard, DK! I hope things turned out well for you. Congrats and all the best with the weddings!

Quote Originally Posted by brianjwilson View Post
    I would like to know about the third brake light as well. Is it an enclosure the you picked up somewhere?
    My J30 should be here next week and I'm playing with ideas for the brake light. I relocated mine behind the spare but the trasharoo bag covers it.

And what are your thoughts on the A/T gear rack? Is it worth the steep price? Easily adjustable? I could have my buddy build a rack for less, but I don't mind paying more if it is really worth it...?
    Ditto on the brake light being covered if one desires to use something like the Trasharoo. I have the little AEV light which is anemic at best. This light just seems to peek through the AEV tire carrier setup just right and doesn't require drilling into the top as I was initially thinking I might do with a recessed light. A little pricey but what else is new and it is quite functional. I tapped wiring from the right rear tail light easy enough.

The rack is adjustable several inches vertically and a few inches horizontally. I have mine low enough to just clear the fridge case without rubbing it and pushed forward to just touch the back of the small rear seat headrest but not interfere with the seat back. Mount system is top notch and utilizes the existing cutouts in the zippered rollbar covers and does not require modifying anything. Build quality, functionality, and finish made the rack worth the cost for my needs and I was not disappointed in what I found when I opened the package and completed the install. It's well executed in my opinion. I suspect a gear review might appear in OJ one of these days.

IMG-20130302-00096.jpg
    Last edited by kb7our; 03-31-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Fair enough, that's the kind of review I was looking for. Thanks! Sounds like it may be worth coughing up the money for the AT rack then.
    2011 E350 EB v10, Ujoint 6" 4x4, 4.56 ARBs, 35s, aluminess etc

2015 Toyota Tacoma DCLB 4x4 S/C ICON OME ARBs 4.56 gears 255s
    2015 Four Wheel Camper Fleet, forward dinette

SOLD Built 2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, Ursa Minor j30 camper top

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast