'11 Kawi KLR 650 - trade for RRC or DI?

zelatore

Explorer
I've got a 2011 Kawasaki KLR650 with less than 350 miles I'd like to trade for your Range Rover Classic or Discovery I.

How did I end up with a bike with basically no miles? A client bought it, rode it once, and parked it with about 30 miles. About a year ago he traded it to me for payment on a job. I put some air in the tires and threw a new battery in and rode it here and there but although it's fun I find my Speed Triple more to my taste than the Kwaker.

I'll be listing it on Craigslist eventually for $4200 but what I'd really be interested in is trading for an RRC or DI. I'm looking to build a more serious trail rig to supplement my LR3 on the tough stuff, so I'm more interested in things like lockers, HD axles and driveshafts, armor and bumpers, lift and tires, etc than I am cosmetics. Think more Rubicon than overland.

I'm located in NorCal but would consider traveling for the right truck. I'd also be willing to consider going +/- on cash as needed either way.

I'll be away this weekend but will get some current pics when I get back. In the meantime, the best way to reach me will be by direct email at zelatore1@gmail.com since I'm not on the forum every day.

Last edited:

zelatore

Explorer
Pics. Gotta have pics.

I don't know if the hand guards are standard, but they appear to at least be Kawasaki. The crash bar I think is aftermarket but again not sure - I'm pretty sure it was added to the bike.

It's not perfect. There are some scuffs on the left side. I don't know if it was dropped; if it fell over in storage; or if some of the crap piled up around it for years fell on it. Since there are no marks on the Here are pics-

Left handgaurd. This is the worst place on the bike, though to tell the truth I didn't notice it until today when I got the bike out to wash it!

Left front upper fairing. This was either done before the crash bars were installed or by something falling on the bike - there are no marks on the crash guard and you would hit it before getting to this spot in a tip-over.

Left rear plastic. This pic actually makes it look worse than it is I think. Most people would walk by and never see it.

No scrapes on turn signals, pegs, controls, etc, so if it was dropped it was at a walking pace. I know he didn't ride it because he realized it was too big for him after getting it - he really wanted a dirt bike so he just parked this. Hard to imagine, but for a guy like him buying this was about as much of a financial commitment as me deciding if I wanted to upgrade from a tall to a grande at Starbucks.

MTSN

Explorer
Cool bike! You should have no problem moving that if you can't find the right trade. The expo and adv crowd likes those a lot!

zelatore

Explorer
Thanks. I got it thinking I might try some bike camping/back road exploration but it turns out we do that with the Rover and when I ride, I like to hunt apexes more than dirt roads. It is a nice ride for exploring the back country and will cruise along in the mountains at 80 mph, though it's happier on small roads doing 50 and 'smelling the roses'. I can see the popularity and why they've been around so long, it's just not the right tool for me at this point in time.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Love the KLR (new style). I had an 2008 with lots of mods. I miss it a lot. I am going to be getting a new one next spring and modding the crap out of it. 713cc kit and the works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears