110 Cage

revor

Explorer
Hokay... Here's a question... Do I use the Safety Devices Euro 110 cage I own or build a custom cage..

Keep in might that I have certain skilz that allow me to modify (or mess up) most anything..:oops:

If I chose to do a Kustum Kage what would the SD cage we worth?

Yeah, make your own ... and that SD cage is worthless ... I'll be right over to pick it up ;)

Seriously ... by the time you modify the SD bits to do what you'll end up wanting, don't you think you'd be time ahead using them as a template to make a copy from that you could modify for racks, awnings, lights, etc. as needed.

Presuming that the SD comes powder coated (I hate that stuff), you'd need to remove it as mods took place and re-coat with something when you're done anyway, right?

... the other Keith ...

Last edited:

gjackson

FRGS
The SD cage does take up some good space with its lower bracing that you may be able to get back with a kustum setup. Also depending on where you plan on mounting things, a well thought out kustum cage could be fantastic. But building a cage can take a while, and I think there is another project waiting in the wings. . .:shakin:

cheers

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
I'd have to agree with the other Keith:) You have the SD for a template and can copy the lines as closely or as loosley as you choose. In addition you can make any upgardes or additions guilt free w/out butchering the SD. I think to the right person you may be able to get a few thousand for the SD, which should cover all the material and :beer: cost of the new project.

revor

Explorer
But if I make my own Graham will beat me up!!!

Or help to make sure it goes quickly :Mechanic:

It's all pretty much up in the air at this point.. Do I buy the non caged 300tdi 110 or a reasonably price NAS 110 (really there might be one out there)? If in fact the SD cage has significant value then perhaps it helps to offset the installation of a diesel in an NAS but then there is that bulkhead issue with an NAS truck.. Build a cage/install an engine?

revor

Explorer
Monkeyboy said:
LOL ...

Someone with a pair of CDN 110 3-doors might be interested in the SD bits, no?

I'm sure that someone might be, but does he have any $$$?

overlander

Expedition Leader
gjackson said:
The SD cage does take up some good space with its lower bracing that you may be able to get back with a kustum setup. Also depending on where you plan on mounting things, a well thought out kustum cage could be fantastic. But building a cage can take a while, and I think there is another project waiting in the wings. . .:shakin:

cheers

Yeah! What he said! There's a set of coils and a blow torch with your name on it, calling you back to the shop!

gjackson

FRGS
I can't speak for Keith, but I expect he means the non-vent bulkhead. You already took care of that! And I will never forgive LR for getting rid of the vents in the new D!!

cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78