Operation Oxcart AKA Gini's Burden-A Four Wheel Camper story

W

Wandering Sagebrush

The structures that you are asking about are old VOR or TACAN navigation beacons that aircraft used. I have no idea if those systems are still in use now that GPS is so prevalent.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Oh yeah forgot to answer the "structure" question. They are VOR's and as mentioned are still widely used.

Freebird

Adventurer
Hadley - the photo is of a VOR radio navigation transmitter facility which provide aircraft with radio signals that are direction specific to the aircraft's location in relation to the facility. (There has got to be a better way to say that! Lol)
Placed in known locations (to pilots/aircraft) along airways, and near or at some airports throughout the country (& world).

Edit: Oops! Hopped in and answered not realizing I wasn't on final page.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I've also posted this in my build thread for my truck but this is also pertinent to the camper...

Well I finally broke down and had a shop do the electrical work installation. The only thing not done was a quick connect for my LED light bar which I plan to have mounted on my Yakima rack above the wind fairing.
I now have all my switches installed, camper power plug mounted in one of the bed cubbies, front spots (weak), and two always on 12V outlets in the rear of the center console. Having constant power for my fridge is great. Having the camper power on during camping is also very nice.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Thanks. Me too. It is so good to finally have it done. The rear spots which are Grote worklamps are so bright. Almost too much for backing up but I've only used them once for that and the stock reverse lights were already doing a good enough job.

Crom that new avatar from Road Warrior is hilarious.

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
Absolutely love this, I didn't realize they made one that fit with the tail gate closed (I have a swingout and need one that does).

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
The past two days I took some time to do some how to and comparison videos about my Klymit sleeping pads. Here are a couple pics.
The green one is the Klymit Static V and the red is the V-Luxe insulated.
20170215_194638.jpg
20170215_195001.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior