1120 AF Build in Norway

Geo.Lander

There's a pump parallel to the Espar heater for when the heater isn't on. And a separate one for the underfloor heating circuit.

Right, i see now you actually have 3 pumps... sorry about that, are you worried about flow cavitation (the differences between inlet and outlet pressures)? I read the thicknesses and and pumps should be of similar flow rates to avoid this and manifolded flow regulators are the real solution if the loops are not of very similar sizes...

Joe917

Explorer
I really like how simple this is, just wanted to have some sort of separation because the height of the trucks expansion coolant tank will be lower than our radiators etc.. Isnt that an issue?
The only issue we had was the top 2 or 3 bars of the towel bar always had air. If I filled it, it always settled at the same place.
You can't get much simpler. The Webasto was controlled by a Heatmiser 12 volt programmable thermostat. It works perfectly with the heater with more functions and less cost than the Webasto controller.

palebluewanders

Right, i see now you actually have 3 pumps... sorry about that, are you worried about flow cavitation (the differences between inlet and outlet pressures)? I read the thicknesses and and pumps should be of similar flow rates to avoid this and manifolded flow regulators are the real solution if the loops are not of very similar sizes...

I think we have planned for same diameters of things as much as possible, and the underfloor heating is on its own manifold. Hopefully it'll be fine!

What happened with your breakdown?

Geo.Lander

I think we have planned for same diameters of things as much as possible, and the underfloor heating is on its own manifold. Hopefully it'll be fine!

What happened with your breakdown?

Nice, we've finally decided not to go with underfloor heating. The main issue was with the main outlet on the compressor. We couldn't maintain pressure. The pressure fitting was to blame in the end. Easy fix but frustrating after a rather costly inspection and service. Working my way through a pneumatic parts list for roadside repairs these days. Mostly generic parts luckily!

Geo.Lander

Thea laying up the carpet today, putting those pattern making skills to use!

IMG_7492.jpeg

I have assembled most of the sofa sectionals this week and am mocking up the "power brick". Funny how plans change when you start building for real, but I think I have a decent place for everything now. I'll need to wait on another order of extrusions and components for it thou as I'll be using much more of the double right angle fitting than I planned..
IMG_7457.jpeg
Not great pictures yet sorry. Moore updates tomorrow hopefully.
Wires!
IMG_7490.jpeg

Bought myself a little treat too, Fluke clamp meter! Already solved a few nagging issues with the wife's Disco 2

IMG_7467.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7467.jpeg
    IMG_7467.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4

Geo.Lander

We set out in the middle of November for a month long SUP surf trip to Gran Canaria, unfortunately I ended the trip by breaking my right leg in 5 places at the ankle and knee, so truck building is a bit behind schedule until that heals up. Good time to order the rest of the heating components I suppose ;)
IMG_7610.jpegIMG_7676.jpeg

I rather dramatic heli rescue from the north west of the island, a naturalist beach called Guayedra, absolutely stunning landscapes in the north west!
IMG_7678.jpegIMG_7755.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online