The Dawgvan: 64 Dodge A100 build

Dawgboy

Adventurer
A Couple more updates.

Here's the new seat belts. Good match on color for the new seats which are still not installed in the front.. the buckle is not centered on the lap, which is good. These were under $20 each on eViLbay.

A little goofing around on the beach. Wet sand is not much of a barier and I also did a little sandy mudbogging without issues.

This was our "winter".

Today I finished the front doors, I bondoed the leftover holes from the old mirrors and the door emblems(I only have the passenger side anyway) and wet sanded with 220 and 320, and then primered. Looks pretty good, mainly due to good masking.

Passenger side

Driver side

Masking

First coat

"Spray booth"

Final Driver side

Final Passenger side

Dawgboy

Adventurer
Today I cut out and test fitted my first piece of roof insulation. it's just being held in by the edge rails right now, so it sags a tiny bit. I will glue it once I have all the panels cut.

bdog1

Adventurer
Try to get a little "dead air" space between the metal and reflectix. (Some use bubble wrap) Lots of info. over at vandweller about what's effective. Then a vapor barrier and perhaps styrofoam.

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

Dawgboy

Adventurer
My dad had this in the back of the garage, and asked if I wanted it... I immediately said YES, as the pump alone is valuable to the Off-road crowd for OBA, but it seems to be complete, Other than the condenser, the pump has compression on both cylinders, and it's all Chrysler.

A couple questions:

Will a 170 turn this?

Will it still go up a hill?

Can I convert it to run R-134 refrigerant?

Any idea where I can find specs for this?

If you look at the back of the dash unit, there are two copper tubes coming out in the bottom corners, are those to a heater core?

Here's the pics

This one, Just under the refrigerant hoses, and on the right outer corner. Heater hookups?

bdog1

Adventurer
The old Chrysler V2 compressors were bullet proof but I'm sure newer models are more efficient. I remember talk of them using 15HP back in the day. I'm sure they are 134 comparable with a change in oil. ( they run an oil sump also) delete the POA valve in the top, it does nothing. There are plenty of "leaning tower of power" engines with this compressor right on the top. Brackets should be easy to find at the JY. (Dodge Dart). The under dash units have copper evap cores, little less efficient but they lasted forever with out leaks. The expansion valve is there ( mushroom deal) two hook ups are for freon lines. Just add a dryer to the hi side ( smaller line) between compressor and condenser that's also needed.

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior