The Dawgvan: 64 Dodge A100 build

Dawgboy

Adventurer
Chopped out the original spare tire carrier to make room for the bed platform. I have an OEM unit that mounts on the back door, so it was redundant anyway. Main gain from this is I can store my fuel can on the right aside, where it tucks in better, and frees up the left side to be finished out flush with the bed.
vemepyqe.jpg

9e6ydave.jpg

ezara6eq.jpg

ygu2y7ug.jpg

7ahatevu.jpg

Brought to you by Cyberdyne Systems

Last edited:

bdog1

Adventurer
"Parts left out cause no problems and cost nothing." Boss Kettering.
And seeing your vehicle influences, I'm sure you know who that was.

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

Bernard_Roofus

"Jackaroo of all trades"
Seeing all your progress makes me want to go out and do something to my rig. Never enough time with work and kids... Keep up the progress! At least one of us will finish!

Dawgboy

Adventurer
I am fortunate in that the federal deficit problems and sequester of 2012 cut my job to 28 hours a week. So I may be almost insolvent, but I have a lot of time...

That being said, I had a 2nd interview for a new job on Tuesday, so my income may very well be going up, and my time to "play" may be going back down... A double edged sword!

Got no kids for thanksgiving this year, my boy is with his Mom, and my hunny's boy is with his dad, so I'm going to go and try to finish the bed platform and then go to the mountains.

Bernard_Roofus

"Jackaroo of all trades"
Hope the interview goes well! Have a good turkey day. I know the feeling on the government issues, I am a defense contractor, and money is tight these days. We have to do twice the work with half the people. It is crazy how many jobs have been lost over this budget crisis.
I would like to get my power panel cover done and operating this weekend!

Dawgboy

Adventurer
So... Over the Red Genocide holiday, my brother offered me a running engine and Tranny with 150K miles from an '87 Mercedes 300TD wagon. This is the 3liter Turbo, complete with everything... Should I bite??? it's bigger than my slant 6, and more HP and torque...

bdog1

Adventurer
It's sad to leave the " leaning tower of power" behind, but, that sounds like a really cool project. (Might as well add the t-case at the same time.) People sure do love that MB set-up. It's the vegi champ! Couldn't hurt to get it for future consideration. How's the slant six run now?

Bernard_Roofus

"Jackaroo of all trades"
Go for the diesel! Excellent engine, runs for ever with little maintenance. I have worked in several, simple engine. Would be an awesome conversion!

Dawgboy

Adventurer
"going to go and try to finish the bed platform"

???

The Bench seat installed is not full length, only 55 inches long so I am building a combo back half of the bed/ storage drawer setup in the back.

It's all on hold for a bit. Flying to Indiana of Friday as my Father in law died. So its a couple weeks weeks before I get back to world.

bdog1

Adventurer
Wow. Sorry to hear that bad news. My condolences to your family. Travel safe!

Dawgboy

Adventurer
Never been to Gary Indiana before. Its sort of an adventure for a California boy. Here's a few pics of my girl's home town, and the Dakota we just inherited. Going to come back for that and a ton of his tools in the spring.
eqajy2a9.jpg

huzytudy.jpg

egebu6a9.jpg

qegu2yqu.jpg

evataryp.jpg

7y2amyhu.jpg
su7e4ube.jpg

bdog1

Adventurer
I bet spring time will be more "inviting".... No more white stuff! Burrrr....

Dawgboy

Adventurer
Even though I am sick as a dawg, it was such a nice day I got the cab heater re installed. Used a K-Four switch panel and a 15 amp fuse on the "always on" aux panel I installed under the dash. Never mind all the open wires you see, it's all getting wire loomed once I am done passing wire through the floor grommet.

Red is the Aux. radiator fan, amber for the heater. Still have 3 more to fill there, one will be Aux driving lights, one for backup lights(not an option in '64), and the last for a 120 watt x 120VAC inverter that's going in the dash.

he6yhune.jpg

pa7uraha.jpg

pymymy7u.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12