12v pump for 160F/70C water?

damienperu

Observer
i'm trying to find such a pump for my LC troopy hot water system without any luck. I need to circulate water between heat exchanger and hot water tank, also from hot water tank to mixer... my trusty shurflo 105-003's are only rated to 100F/43C, but I expect to have up to 160F/70C running on occasions.

damienperu

Observer
I need it to be self-priming, ideally 1 gpm or thereabouts, auto-off between 35-50psi... all the things most RV pumps have

damienperu

Observer
I looked at shurflo's two other RV pumps and they don't specify the water temperature tolerance on the spec sheet

4x4sporty

Intercooler pumps won't work for a shower they are for a closed loop system. I found a shurflo pump which does up to 160 I think. My system operates a around 140 and I haven't had any problems. You also want to us a intenral bypass pump so it doesn't short cycle and you want one with Viton seals and diaphragm. They have several models depending on your required flow. I will see if I can find the paper work for the model I am using and post it for you.

damienperu

Observer
and you want one with Viton seals and diaphragm
how vital is viton?... I'm looking at the 8000's, and I can't get the pressure, control and GPM combination I need with both viton valves and diaphragms, only in viton and santoprene respectively

Last edited:
I use the 8000 for my hot water solar setup at my house. Can't go wrong with

Sent from my WJ
being listed as industrial and not RV, do you think there is anything that might suffer from the vibrations in an offroader?
Nope. This pump has rubber mounting feet. So vibrations are nothing. I think this will be a great pump for you. It can pump water up 8 vertical feet, it's self priming and won't burn up if it runs dry. Plus it will withstand the temps you're looking for. I know I have run hotter then 170°F water through mine and it still performs great.

Sent from my WJ

damienperu

Observer
Nope. This pump has rubber mounting feet. So vibrations are nothing. I think this will be a great pump for you. It can pump water up 8 vertical feet, it's self priming and won't burn up if it runs dry. Plus it will withstand the temps you're looking for. I know I have run hotter then 170°F water through mine and it still performs great.

Sent from my WJ
thanks, I'm now looking for a couple of 8000-543-210

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998