1317AK LN2 Mercedes-Benz MB + Zeppelin FMii shelter

siegerland

Hello folks, I would like to introduce our Mercedes-Benz 1317AK.

Just a few words on the nomenclature of the model:

• 13 stands for 13t-class chassis
  • 17 means 170 horse power equal to 125 kW
  • A is saying All-wheel drive (4x4)
  • K expresses it was ordered initially as a tipper truck (german: Kipper)
We are utilizing the truck as an overlander camper vehicle.

Commonly this truck model is known as a 917 or MB-jargon LN2 or LK (Leichte Klasse)

The engine is a MB OM366A
  • O --> Oil
  • M --> Motor
  • 366 --> family of engines, 6-cylinder in a row
  • A --> turbo charged (Aufladung)
  • (currently it comes without an intercooler, if it was with an intercooler the engine would be OM366LA (Ladeluftkuehlung)
  • the intercooler is planned to be mounted the other year
On top of the chassis we have mounted a BUNDESWEHR (german army) Radio Cabin (Zeppelin shelter FMii)
  • ~ 13'11'' length
  • ~ 7'3'' width
  • ~ 7' height
It is not finished yet but we can travel ;)

In total it is a DIY project.

KTRA2444[1].JPEG1317AK LN2 MB Mercedes-Benz, no 917.pngIMG_3933.JPGGGRX1286.JPEGIMG_7222.JPG

Visit also: https://ln2-forum.de/member.php?action=register&referrer=9

Greetings

Stefan

siegerland

@VerMonstetRV thx! I follow your threads, interesting project

I would believe it takes us also 2 more years to complete our camper truck
  • mounting a 106 gallon 2-chamber Diesel fuel tank
  • Conversion of the OM366A into an intercooled version (OM366LA), all parts on the shelf inclusive of new floor 518217518218
  • mounting solar panels on the camper cabin roof top
  • finishing interior
  • And a lot more
Stefan

Grenadiers

Adventurer
Our 1985 Saurer 6dm came with the same German Army radio box. We added 29" to the front bulkhead for a Thetford Cassette toilet, and a Splendide washer/dryer. The only regret, is the width, not wide enough to offset the kitchen table to the side. We have to climb over the table/benches to get into bed. However, the construction of the 2000# box, with the aluminum studs and crossmembers, you don't need a torsion-free bed. Here it is in Baja before I painted the front of the cabin. Good luck on your build. Search Saurer 6dm here if you want to see more of our build and the German/Swiss products used.

Attachments

• IMG_1525 (2).JPG
    IMG_1525 (2).JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 37

greg.potter

Adventurer
It looks like you are off to a very good start, and it looks like you are located in the optimal location (country) to be able to source parts and services.

Do you have any plans for the space between the rear of the truck cab and the front of the cabin box?

siegerland

Where did you get your LED down lighters from?
Anton, My best buddy and I are DIY‘ers, not mainly to save money but more over because of that what we call momentum or experience of creation. Yes, we made them ourselves. And since so many people like the design and the make we are considering the option of bringing people into the position of buying them. If you are interested, please PM me,

Stefan
It looks like you are off to a very good start, and it looks like you are located in the optimal location (country) to be able to source parts and services.

Do you have any plans for the space between the rear of the truck cab and the front of the cabin box?

Greg, The project is pending, we are operating in Germany, central europe.

The free space will be utilized for the reserve wheel both and aluminum boxes for travelling stuff

Stefan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger